Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Email AA or send them an old-fashioned letter?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2013, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Email AA or send them an old-fashioned letter?

I am lowly Gold on AA. I would like to complain to AA about a flight I just had.
Should I email or should I write a letter. Is a letter treated with more gravitas?
Old Jun 8, 2013, 3:39 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Send them a msg through the customer relations link on the web site. It will request all pertinent information they need (I.E. ticket number, pnr, etc.), and once you send your msg it will auto reply with a ref number which you will have while you wait for them to respond.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 3:40 pm

Email them. I feel it has a greater chance of landing in the right place. They can take up to a month to get back to you but IME they do send a thorough reply once they do respond.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 5:30 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
Where is the dividing line between when email is more effective and when to use snail mail?
Old Jun 8, 2013, 5:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
There is never a dividing line. The web form is always better and more effective.

When you send an email, it gets forwarded into the complaints database. When you send snail mail, it gets scanned into the complaints database. And, in each case, someone has to manually look up the information which the web form collects and pulls up for the CSR reviewing the complaint.

All of this a longer way of saying that neither email nor a printed letter gets more attention and either of those will take longer just because they sit around waiting for someone to do what the web form does immediately.

On the other hand, if you have money to waste and want to help out our debt-ridden postal system, by all means send a certified letter.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Would you care to share the issue here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.