Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Citi files for Credit Card decision before AA leaves bankruptcy court

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi files for Credit Card decision before AA leaves bankruptcy court

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2013, 4:55 pm
Original Member

US still has BOA branded Visa legacy cards, in addition to the Barclays Mastercard, because its contract with BOA would have been too tough to break on the merger with America West.

While keeping both Citi and Barclays after the merger might have been a possibility, Citi seems to be throwing down the exclusivity gauntlet, and letting them know they will not agree to it, and will seek their secured interests.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Didn't see this posted yet; looks like AA will retain Citi cards post-merger:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...tml?cmpid=yhoo

The announcement does leave open the possibility of cards with additional banks, as well, though.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Upgraded!
I think even if they keep both something like this will go away. Currently AA's Citi Executive card gives 10k miles, but only after shelling out a $450 annual fee and spending $40k.
I believe the product you are referencing includes Admirals Club membership (or at least ongoing access), which costs at least $300 if bought alone.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 11:56 am

Programs: Delta PM | US PP | Hilton Gold
It appears CITI has won this battle.

http://thepointsguy.com/2013/06/amer...-plan-to-vote/
Old Jun 7, 2013, 2:29 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
As I passed through DFW on Monday, there was a stand set up in Terminal D giving out info and trying to get people to sign up for the various Citi AA cards. I thought at the time that, hmmm, Citi and AA must have come to an agreement.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SJOGuy
As I passed through DFW on Monday, there was a stand set up in Terminal D giving out info and trying to get people to sign up for the various Citi AA cards. I thought at the time that, hmmm, Citi and AA must have come to an agreement.
Both Citi and Barclays will almost certainly continue to issue cards until the merger happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.