Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Does the proliferation of UA and DL deals create pressure on AA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2013, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL

A perusal of the Mileage Run Deals forum shows a proliferation of UA and to a lesser extent DL/Skyteam deals to the Middle East and Asia, especially, but also to other regions. My feeling is that these have largely not been matched by AA. Does this create much pressure for AA? Or are they simply too occupied by bankruptcy and the merger to try and match or mitigate? Or do they feel that they are in a good position and selling all they need to sell?
Old May 15, 2013, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Just booked a $2145 all-in TATL flight in J. AA seems to be doing just fine on deals
Old May 15, 2013, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL
Originally Posted by sts603
Just booked a $2145 all-in TATL flight in J. AA seems to be doing just fine on deals
At that price, even I might bite. Though in general I prefer to pay lowest coach and spend that money elsewhere... like another whole trip.
Old May 15, 2013, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by sts603
What TATL was this!?
Old May 15, 2013, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by fanger
A perusal of the Mileage Run Deals forum shows a proliferation of UA and to a lesser extent DL/Skyteam deals to the Middle East and Asia, especially, but also to other regions. My feeling is that these have largely not been matched by AA. Does this create much pressure for AA? Or are they simply too occupied by bankruptcy and the merger to try and match or mitigate? Or do they feel that they are in a good position and selling all they need to sell?
AA isn't doing their own metal to those regions; my guess is it ends up being a pretty small pie if you're splitting it with BA/EY/JL/CX/etc.

Also, can we entitle this thread "UA losing money, will AA match?"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.