Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mystery segment on aa.com (CMB-IAH F itinerary)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2013, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
Mystery segment on aa.com (CMB-IAH F itinerary)

I searched FT but couldn't find a similar situation in relevant threads, so I figured I should start a new one. I hope this is the right place for the thread because, while the trip in question doesn't involve any AA-operated flight, the ticket is on AA stock and the specific issue concerns aa.com.

Anyway, I booked CMB-AUH-LHR-IAH in J/F/F (don't ask why) a few weeks ago through Orbitz for a trip this fall. Carriers are CMB-AUH on UL (EY flight #), AUH-LHR on EY, and LHR-IAH on BA (AA flight #). The flights immediately showed up on aa.com, etihad.com, and ba.com so all looked good.

A couple of days ago I checked the itinerary on aa.com and noticed that an EY-operated CMB-AUH segment appeared after the original three on aa.com. I initially thought that the first segment got cancelled or had a major schedule change, but the original UL flight still exists with the same schedule and flight # according to EF. Furthermore the mystery segment departs ~10 hours after the original UL flight and therefore cannot make the connection at AUH. I checked Orbitz, etihad.com, and ba.com but none shows the new segment.

I was wondering 1) if anyone has seen a similar case, and 2) what the best action would be. Should I call AA and have them take the mystery segment away? Or should I leave it there? Are there potential issues in either action?

Thanks for your help!
Old Apr 28, 2013, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
You have phantom segment showing up online that you didn't book...I would definitely call AA.

I booked an ex-CMB F fare last year on Orbitz that I needed to make several changes to. The Orbitz agents were completely useless, they kept trying to charge a change fee even though it was a fully flex F fare. The EXP desk was able to to take care of everything though without a problem. Give them a call.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 1:09 am

Programs: Recovering AA flyer, LT PLT 2.6 MM
Call AA, but it is likely some sort of odd place holder. I've -- and I'm not making this up -- had an itinerary that included a segment from a parking lot to an airport I've never heard of.

From a programmer's perspective: You can hack in any language, including reservations. From a customer's perspective: You should know what's going on.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 12:53 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by sinanju
I've -- and I'm not making this up -- had an itinerary that included a segment from a parking lot to an airport I've never heard of.
Did you get EQM's for that leg?? lol
Old Apr 29, 2013, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Just rechecked my trip for this weekend, CMB-AUH-JFK-LAX. No phantom segment. Could yours be similar to an ARNK pseudo-segment?
Old Apr 29, 2013, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Just rechecked my trip for this weekend, CMB-AUH-JFK-LAX. No phantom segment. Could yours be similar to an ARNK pseudo-segment?
Don't think so because it has flight # and everything. On the surface it looks more like protected on a later flight for potential misconnect (but of course that doesn't make any sense at this point).

Thanks for the suggestions. Called AA but the agent was reluctant to touch the res. So I decided to make sure that Orbitz agent doesn't see the segment either but the call didn't go through before my meeting started . Will call tomorrow when I have a chance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.