Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 3, 2013, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

"We’ve moved! American Airlines now operates out of terminal 2C."

TICKET COUNTER HOURS: 7:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon; 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Check-In Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 4:10 p.m.)

teemuflyer says "Premium check-in (Business Class, EXP, PLT, GLD) you need to go downstairs to the section 9 counters. Look for the BA check-in signs as the AA signs are not apparent."

See CDG / Paris de Gaulle Admirals Club & CX Lounge 2A-2C > 1 Aug 2013 (consolidated) for new Admirals Club and CX lounges locations and information.

Print Wikipost

AA moves to 2C at CDG April 2013

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2013, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by Happy
Post no.38 is correct.

The regular check-in counters are in 2C. The priority-access check in is downstairs, next to the BA counters.

When you are facing AA counters, on your right, along the curve glass wall, there is a pharmacy. Right after you pass the pharmacy, there are lifts as well as a small escalator leading downward. Go down, follow the BA sign, and AA Priority-Access counters are right pass BA's. It is a very small and confined area.

The adp gate info was wrong gate, as we departed from Gate 37, at the Satellite. It is 10 to 15 min walk from the security check where C ends and A begins.

in any case, check in is at C, departure remains at A, and Satellite gates are definitely being used.
Of course gate assignments are subject to change. If you're referring to the flight info I posted from the ADP website, that was over 11 hours prior to the flight departure time...lot of time for updates.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 9:16 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Originally Posted by Life_Platinum
We are on AA 121 to JFK in a couple of weeks. Where is the Admiral's Club in relation to the AA 757 gate?
The CX lounge is now the preferable Oneworld option at CDG.

I still don't understand why there isn't more lounge consolidation going on between Oneworld members - it would be better for us passengers to have one large excellent lounge rather than a collection of sub-scale ones, plus it would save costs from the airlines' perspective.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 3:14 am

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Originally Posted by Life_Platinum
We are on AA 121 to JFK in a couple of weeks. Where is the Admiral's Club in relation to the AA 757 gate?
There are no "757" gates... At most one can argue that A45 and A47 are often used for "smaller" aircraft such as 757s and 767s as they cannot take large widebodies such as B 777, 747 or A340s. But they are often taken by British Airways A320s.
Now that CDG 2A and 2C have become one single building, the parking of aircraft in A or C has become irrelevant. The Admirals Club will shortly move to a more central position but still is out of the way, under gates A 37-39. It is a long walk, but nothing compared to what you sometimes have to walk in Miami...
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:00 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Premium Check-In is Downstairs- Section 9

Flew from CDG yesterday. For Premium check-in (Business Class, EXP, PLT, GLD) you need to go downstairs to the section 9 counters. Look for the BA check-in signs as the AA signs are not apparent. The easiest way with a lot of luggage is to take the elevator down, turn left and left again past the BA counters.

Once checked in, just return the same path and go upstairs. Once through the duty free stores section, the AAdmirals lounge is still in the satellite (to the right), but the CX lounge is down a hallway to the left (and it is quite nice!).
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
The 'Your Latest News And Exclusive Offers From Admirals Club' email I received yesterday said that the new AC at CDG is expected to open this summer and will include shower facilities.

Facility Update
We’re modernizing our CDG and ORD-G lounges to improve your comfort when you travel. CDG is undergoing new construction and is located in the new connector building between terminals 2A and 2C. Amenities include: an expansive seating area, self-serve bar, showers and more. Completion is slated for this summer.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aamilesslave
Of course gate assignments are subject to change. If you're referring to the flight info I posted from the ADP website, that was over 11 hours prior to the flight departure time...lot of time for updates.
Dont be sensitive!

I was referring to someone's post claiming AA did not fly out from Satellite since 2 years ago. That is simply not true as we have flown back from CDG 3 times in past 2 years - Each and every time we departed from Satellite.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cofyknsult
There are no "757" gates... At most one can argue that A45 and A47 are often used for "smaller" aircraft such as 757s and 767s as they cannot take large widebodies such as B 777, 747 or A340s. But they are often taken by British Airways A320s.
Now that CDG 2A and 2C have become one single building, the parking of aircraft in A or C has become irrelevant. The Admirals Club will shortly move to a more central position but still is out of the way, under gates A 37-39. It is a long walk, but nothing compared to what you sometimes have to walk in Miami...
On our arrival, a lady was moaning as she walked, that "we would be walking to Ft. Lauderdale..."

It is indeed a loooong walk from the arrival gate to immigration, seems to be over 1/2 mile to me.
Old May 14, 2013, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Glad to hear that AA has a new set up for priority check-in. I flew out of CDG about a month ago on AA41 CDG-ORD, and the old check-in area in 2A was a zoo, with JFK, DFW and ORD flights all departing within a 1 hour window. The Y line wrapped around the entrance to the priority line and into the hallway connecting 2A and 2C. Does anyone have any pictures of the new priority check-in area?
Old May 15, 2013, 7:52 am

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Flew from CDG yesterday. For Premium check-in (Business Class, EXP, PLT, GLD) you need to go downstairs to the section 9 counters. Look for the BA check-in signs as the AA signs are not apparent. The easiest way with a lot of luggage is to take the elevator down, turn left and left again past the BA counters.

Once checked in, just return the same path and go upstairs. Once through the duty free stores section, the AAdmirals lounge is still in the satellite (to the right), but the CX lounge is down a hallway to the left (and it is quite nice!).
Originally Posted by jumbojet19920711
Glad to hear that AA has a new set up for priority check-in. I flew out of CDG about a month ago on AA41 CDG-ORD, and the old check-in area in 2A was a zoo, with JFK, DFW and ORD flights all departing within a 1 hour window. The Y line wrapped around the entrance to the priority line and into the hallway connecting 2A and 2C. Does anyone have any pictures of the new priority check-in area?
Does AA share a check-in area with BA now? And, if so, is there a dedicated F check-in line (even though AA will offer F to/from CDG for approximately three weeks total this year)?
Old May 15, 2013, 8:24 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by Upgraded!
Does AA share a check-in area with BA now? And, if so, is there a dedicated F check-in line (even though AA will offer F to/from CDG for approximately three weeks total this year)?
I was at CDG a couple of weeks ago, and at that time AA and BA were still separate (unless there was still some old signage). I didn't notice whether F had a dedicated check-in area, though for the reasons you point out I'd find it unlikely.
Old May 15, 2013, 8:26 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Upgraded!
The answer to the first question is no. They are next to each other downstairs, but separate. As for the second, I doubt they will due to space. As it is, the Premium check-in is area already pretty restricted space wise.
Old May 15, 2013, 11:52 am

This new terminal's drop off for rental cars is very close to AA's new checkin facility-Its a few steps from the drop off area to the rental desks in side the terminal, then up the escalator, and 50 feet to the left are the AA Check-in desks. One nice perk that AA offered us and other flyers seated in front of the 757 were laminated notes about the size of playing cards that allowed entry to a special customs/French TSA line, thereby bypassing crowds of passengers. These laminated notes were recollected when we used the service. We received these laminated cards on the inbound flight to CDG as well, but after departing on the tarmac, no other planes were arriving so that we had easy passage through customs.

As another poster previously noted, we agreed the walk from check-in to the club approached walking from Miami to Fort Lauderdale.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 5:39 pm

AC moved next to CX lounge on 08/01.
The lounge is just nice ( but not impressive at all).
About same size than CX lounge.
The showers & bathroon are nice
I much prefer the CX lounge for both hard & soft "product"
Old Aug 3, 2013, 6:21 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Where did the quote "We’ve moved! American Airlines now operates out of terminal 2C"

Originally Posted by nbevan
Where did the quote "We’ve moved! American Airlines now operates out of terminal 2C" come from?.
Here is where the quote came from:
http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...rporthelp#!cdg

I cheated and just Googled the phrase

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.