Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Buy miles 30 % bonus and 15 % off

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2013, 4:08 am

Programs: QF WP, QR GOLD, TK GOLD, EY GOLD, AF/KLM GOLD
would this be a good offer for someone who is not currently an AAdvantage member? (myself).

I want to know if there are any redemption opportunities betweeen KHI and MEL. (using a combination of CX and/or QF, CX being the only OW carrier to fly to KHI)

Also do AA redemption tickets earn Status credits on QF? (I am Platinum, OneWorld Emerald)
Old Apr 3, 2013, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by ACC2008
Got the offer but no go as I had previously purchased miles. The limit per year is 60K so once I hit that limit - no go for the rest of the year :-(
If you travel with a companion you can buy for s/he.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 12:03 pm

What's the likelihood that AA will offer another miles for purchase program in the next few months?

Have travel planned for mid-July, wondering if I should just top off now.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
I am also wondering.....Darn it it is a 50 / 50.

Hopefully BOTH AA & US will say let's have one more go around to create a healthy cash flow !

After all Parker does it quite regularly at US.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by zainman
would this be a good offer for someone who is not currently an AAdvantage member? (myself).

I want to know if there are any redemption opportunities betweeen KHI and MEL. (using a combination of CX and/or QF, CX being the only OW carrier to fly to KHI)

Also do AA redemption tickets earn Status credits on QF? (I am Platinum, OneWorld Emerald)
While CX is the only oneworld carrier currently serving KHI, it is not the only AA partner serving KHI: EY and GF also serve KHI.

A call to AA Reservations can tell you whether there is award-seat availability from KHI to MEL on your desired date(s) of travel.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 1:27 pm

How long to post?

For those that have purchased miles recently, how long did it take the miles to post to your account? It says in the fine print that purchased miles post in 24 to 72 hours and bonus miles will post in 5 days. Seems like a long time.

Anyone with any feedback?
Old Apr 9, 2013, 1:44 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Both of my transactions (40k & 20k) posted in just under 72 hours. Bonus for both also posted at the same time as a separate line item.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 2:39 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, COPA ConnectMiles Gold, LATAM Pass Gold
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Both of my transactions (40k & 20k) posted in just under 72 hours. Bonus for both also posted at the same time as a separate line item.
48 hs in my case for both Purchased Miles and Bonus Miles.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 6:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum & Hilton HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by ronefatone
For those that have purchased miles recently, how long did it take the miles to post to your account? It says in the fine print that purchased miles post in 24 to 72 hours and bonus miles will post in 5 days. Seems like a long time.

Anyone with any feedback?
Last week I bought them at 10am on a Tuesday and they posted on Wednesday at midnight. So about 14 hours. The bonus miles posted at midnight that Thursday about a day and a half later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.