Wiki Posts
Search

TWA earn Q-Miles on AA?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2001, 8:13 am
Original Poster

TWA earn Q-Miles on AA?

Hi,

Does anyone know if TWA flights earn qualifying miles on AA yet?

thanks

darin
Old Feb 12, 2001, 8:30 pm

I was told yes.

The agent went to the section where she read off every airline that gives the Q miles and TWA was just added to the list.
Old Feb 14, 2001, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Are you sure these are status miles?

They've finally added TWA to the aa.com list, but it doesn't say anything about status, just that you'd earn "Advantage miles". Compare the language to that of the entry for Alaska Airlines, where you get credit towards elite status.
Old Feb 14, 2001, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
I spoke to an Executive Desk res agent this evening right after she had been in a TWA training class. All TWA flights from Feb. 1 on earn Q-miles, as do their regional carriers (Trans-State, Chautauqua, Corporate Airlines) when doing business as TWA Express. Minimum credit is 500 miles. Standard AA class of service bonuses apply.

However, AA flights do not earn TWA miles. This is a one-way deal.
Old Feb 14, 2001, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Hopefully since they're q-miles we'll get our status bonus as well as class of service bonus. Also wishfully, we'll get the TWA 750 mile minimum as opposed to the AA 500 mile, but I kind of doubt that one will happen.

ORD-STL-SDF is as low as $115. If both of the above wishes come true, that would be under 4 cents/status mile. That's almost enough to get me to contemplate wasting 24 hours of my life to do it, but not quite enough to actually pull the trigger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.