Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA.com

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2000, 10:59 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, BA Gold
This is probably way too much to ask, but I'd love the ability to book segment by segment in a specific fare class. Some of the old eAAsySabre functionality was fantastic for "expert" users.
Old Jun 20, 2000, 2:22 pm
Original Member

How about being able to see the seat map for the entire plane -- not just the class of service I am booking in -- this way I can see what chance I have of upgrading.

--Jim
Old Jun 20, 2000, 2:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
burkey:

Don't worry about being the "seat selector guy"; I'm right there with you and have written to the Webmaster many times about it. It's one of my pet peeves about aa.com!

I'd love to have a feature that allowed us to change our seating once reserved (whether on a ticketed PNR or one just on hold). I don't believe any other carrier provides that capability online but, since this is a "wish list", why not ask for it?

Also, when choosing flights "by schedule", I find it odd that aa.com defaults to showing all airlines' schedules first with the "show only American Airlines flights" as a filter for a subsequent display.

The problem is that the initial display does not always show all of AA's flights so I sometimes have to select only AA's flights to see the full American Airlines schedule. I'd like to skip that extra step and have the system default to only AA flights. Then, if necessary, I could request to see the other airlines' schedules.

This may seem insignificant but it can add up to real time savings for those of us with dial-up modem connections to the web.

[This message has been edited by bbinchi (edited 06-20-2000).]
Old Jun 20, 2000, 2:51 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA2MM
bbinchi -- glad to konw I'm not alone btw, you can select for only AA flts to show up in your online profile.
Old Jun 20, 2000, 3:00 pm

Continuing a thought expressed in Efrem's first post on this topic:

Travelocity has a reduced-graphics version of their site that is signifcantly faster than their standard, graphics-based version. Unfortunately, I have seen that option on Travelocity only after canceling a flight search. It's as if Travelocity is saying, "Hey, don't give up! We'll give you a faster way to check for flights, etc. so please don't go away."

If aa.com follows Travelocity's lead by offering a faster, reduced-graphics version of the site (and I hope they do one day!), it should be made available up front after the login.
Old Jun 20, 2000, 3:02 pm

burkey,

You're right! I could have sworn I had already indicated that preference in my profile...I'd better check it again.

Thanks!
Old Jun 23, 2000, 11:03 am

Location: Dallas, TX. AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, Avis Preferred Select
Just FYI....I have sent a copy of this thread to my contact at American....
Old Jun 24, 2000, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Here's another one to pass along. How about letting us sign up for bonus promos and see which ones we've already signed up for? The info has to be in AA's database somewhere!
Old Jun 25, 2000, 9:15 am

You can't claim the DOMUPG15 1 way class upgrade via the aa.com site.

Sorta funny that you can't do it via the automated phone system for AA either.

-Webslinger
Old Jun 27, 2000, 9:53 am
Original Member
Original Poster

yes, I notified them about a month ago about the domupg15, and it was suspose to fixed. I guess it hasn^t happened yet.
Old Jun 27, 2000, 7:16 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
I would like to add my thoughts to this excellent thread:

1. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE THE MUSIC SELECTIONS - WITH ALL DUE RESPECT, THE CURRENT LISTING ON THE WEBSITE REFERS TO THE MUSIC FROM DECEMBER. I EMAILED THE "WEBMASTER" AND DID RECEIVE AN EMAIL BACK ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO SAYING THE SITE WOULD BE UPDATED - YET IT ALMOST JULY 4TH AND NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE.

2. I also agree with all of the comments re: seat selection changes, reservation changes (to different dates/flights), being able to access the aircraft seat map WITHOUT a reservation.

Come on AA, GET IT TOGETHER.
Old Jun 28, 2000, 10:19 pm

It's been 2 years since I switched to UA and I can't believe the AA site hasn't been improved all that much. They added seat selection, but it doesn't sound like all that great of an addition, at least the way AA is doing it. UA's site is very flexible, with seat selection, flight paging (this option alone is invaluable, paging my cell phone with flight time, delays, and gate information, arrival or departure). It is too bad AA can't step up to the real world. This goes beyond just their website but, as stated in another thread, their planes. One of my biggest frustrations was their lack of A/V, I was so sick of ORD to LAX on an MD80. I enjoyed my time with AA, and the personnel were, for the most part, friendly, but they still don't quite seem to understand what the very frequent flier is looking for....of course, this is just my .02 worth.

[This message has been edited by ORD1Kguy (edited 06-28-2000).]
Old Jun 29, 2000, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, BA Gold
I see our trusty AA.com is down again this afternoon...
Old Jun 29, 2000, 4:29 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Yeah, I've been waiting to check fares this afternoon... I just got in, then was kicked out.

Anyone have John Samuel's email address?

Oh, btw, I'd liked this one:
"I need to remember that my goals are progress; not perfection."
-- Robert Frost
[This message has been edited by burkey (edited 06-29-2000).]
Old Jul 3, 2000, 2:04 pm

Programs: American Airlines
American Airlines Frequent Flyers

I am the AA Webmaster and would like to address a number of issues that have been posted recently. I have listed the status of many of your concerns below. If you have other questions or if you need further clarification, then please write [email protected] or you may speak with one of our Technical Support representatives at 1-800-222-2377.

1. NSAPI Error
The "Fix" for this problem is currently in test and should be implemented shortly.

2. Seat Selection Errors and Enhancements
If you use a browser which supports Javascript, verify that the Java settings have been enabled. Also, verity that the Seatmap Preference option in your user profile is selected.

If you use Internet Explorer version 5, then you must also verify the settings within your Internet Options Advanced Setting are Java enabled and in the JAVA VM section, unselect the JIT compiler.

If a user changes the initial seat assigned, during the seat selection process, the confirmation e-mail will incorrectly note the original seat assignment. The fix for this is expected to be completed soon.

We've been listening to your comments about placement of seat selector in front of the booking and allowing a view of all cabins. This is one of many enhancements that we think provides value and we're investigating the ease or difficulty of making this change.

3. Online Award Bookings and online registration for promotions
We are currently developing online award booking and are anxious to provide it to you this fall. The ability to register for AAdvantage promotions should be available on the site at the end of July.

4. Search by fare class
At this time, you may search by Coach, Business or First Class, only. Many of our customers remember the EasySabre booking feature that allowed customers to select the specific inventory they wished to confirm. We are no longer able to submit inventory requests in this manner. We are evaluating alternative methods which will allow our customers to search for specific fares.

5. Movie Listings
Monthly movie listings are typically published between 10 to 14 days prior to the upcoming month. We generally publish this information within 2-3 business days after receipt from our media distributor.

6. Ability to change "on-hold reservations":
No time line is available for this modification, but it is on the list for future enhancement.

7. Virtual "Some One Special"
This is a great idea!! I will submit this for future development.

8. DOMUPG15 award - unable to claim online
Users should be able to claim this award online. Users may experience an error when attempting to claim the P35U award. This has been submitted for correction.

9. Timed out message - "We're sorry but .....timed out".
The cookie we send to identify your session will expire within 15 minutes of inactivity. Users may avoid this message by verifying their system's time is correct.

10. View AA only - this was a recent enhancement made on the site. You now have the ability to select your view (AA or all airlines) during the booking or in addition to the previous option of setting it up in your profile.

Thanks for your feedback. We're listening!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.