Community
Wiki Posts
Search

more room in bus

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2000, 9:34 am
Original Poster

more room in bus

flying to rome in sept and recently checked seat map and there is one less row in bus. has anyone experienced this new configuration ie is there much improvement in comfort and service? also what is the status of the dvd player and bose headsets in bus on international flights? went to london in march and didnt have either amenity.
Old Aug 12, 2000, 9:45 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, BA Gold
I've noticed several times now on my 763 flights that the seat map showed 4 rows, but when I board the plane there are 5 rows. I wonder if AA is simply changing the seat maps & availability from 30 to 24 seats to prevent problems with aircraft substitutions.

As for the DVDs, every int'l Business flight I've been on this summer has had them.
Old Aug 13, 2000, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've heard that there is one 763 bird that has one less row in first (with the sleeper seats of the 777 -- NOT the suite) and one less row in business. Haven't seen it yet, though.
Old Aug 13, 2000, 8:48 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
I flew that one about 2 weeks ago- LA to JFK. It was terrific. They had a consultant on board to do a survey.
Old Aug 14, 2000, 9:43 am

Programs: a little here, a little there
I reported a few weeks ago that my return NRT-SJC in a 777 had the last row in business removed. (Only found out because orginally my seat assignment was in row 16, and there was no longer a row 16). Seemed very roomy, but I thought it was fine before.

All of my flights to NRT have had the Bose headphones for at least the last 6 months. Someone here told me that they didn't think the DVD players were planned for installation. Too bad, as now there is no entertainment difference coach to business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.