Wiki Posts
Search

Million Miler Freebie???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2000, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Million Miler Freebie???

Got a fairly thick envelope in the mail from AA today.

At first I thought, great, they are going to take AAdvantage of UAL's losses and send a handful of VIP2's!

Come to find out that it was just a nice gesture of thanks for your biz and here's 2 luggage tags with Million Miler status on them. This is so our employees will instantly recognize me as one of their elite!

Thanks AA, maybe next time the contents will be more interesting!

[This message has been edited by chix (edited 08-11-2000).]
Old Aug 12, 2000, 9:59 am

Six months ago when I passed one million miles, I received two VIP2s. I'm PLT averaging 85,000 actually flown AA miles per year.
Old Aug 13, 2000, 6:23 pm

Starting last March, those that complete 1 million miles will get 8 electronic upgrades vs 2 vip2's. 2 million milers will still get the vip2's I believe. I think a lot of that has to do with the dilution of the miles from other sources i.e. citibank, bonus offers, and other specials. Its not very much for some people to achieve 1 million miles, especially contractors, and purchasing agents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.