Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA & Qantas announce significant expansion of thecode share agreement

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2000, 9:48 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

AA & Qantas announce significant expansion of their cooperative marketing relationship, pending government approval.
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/000810/tx_amer_ai.html
Old Aug 11, 2000, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Sounds like all they're doing is replacing the CP codeshare on the SYD-HNL-YVR with the AA code.

Now if we can get them to set up code shares with Finnair, Air Lingus, and Iberia so that you can fly from one of their cities to an AA metal transatlantic destination (say BCN-CDG) on an AA code. Without those codeshares, you don't qualify for single-carrier circle-trip discounted fares, which puts AA at a disadvantage to NW/KL or UA/LH, or just BA.

I stumbled across that depressing little fact as I was planning my November and December transatlantic weekend mileage runs in case I have a chance to go for EXP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.