Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finger Wagging Gate Agent

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2000, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
On my recent return from Mexico, AA failed to load 70 pieces of luggage on the connecting flight from Dallas to Chicago. People were waiting and asking the customer service desk and people were not dealt with well, and only after a VERY long wait were we told that the luggage was on the NEXT flight. So we all waited an extra hour. So what dept gets the letter. I usually fax my letters, but an e-mail address will do fine as well. Thanks.

------------------
DtG
Old Jun 8, 2000, 11:52 am

When in doubt write [email protected]. Your complaint will filter down.
Old Jun 8, 2000, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Plat AA, Starwood Plat 100, Hilton Diamond
to EA/AA/FA

Thanks for the suggestion. It beats writing and mailing.

Jim
Old Jun 8, 2000, 6:30 pm

Old Jun 10, 2000, 1:05 am

Okay..I said I wasn't going to post until I cooled off but I have to put in my two cents.
No one has mentioned the Exc VP of customer service, Dan Garton. Someone needs to write to him about lousy customer service. It's HIS job. Just don't call and yell at me.

[This message has been edited by RDURES1 (edited 06-10-2000).]
Old Jun 10, 2000, 9:05 am

I keep forgetting about him!

[email protected]

Be as specific as possible. Names, dates, gate number, airport, etc.
Old Jun 10, 2000, 6:41 pm

E-mail! What a great way to send off complaints! Sure beats licking all those envelopes. I feel like Susan from Seinfeld with all the complaint letters I send out!

(Actually, I only send a letter if I'm truly annoyed/upset/ticked off. Most of my letters are complements.)
Old Aug 7, 2000, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Just an update. My emailed complaint to Mike Gunn has gone unanswered for nearly 60 days now.

Old Aug 7, 2000, 6:53 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
I thought part of the Customers First Plan stated all complaints would be answered within 60 days. There really is no excuse for this.

Try an email via website to Customer Service or call your top tier phone #. It has been my experience the people at the 800 # have been told to pass along these comments to Exec. Office - Customer Rela. Just a thought.
Old Aug 8, 2000, 5:07 pm

I tend to agree with freeupgrade. There is no excuse for not receiving a response, favorable or unfavorable to the situation. And I think all carriers have committed themselves to do a bettr job in this area.

Just recently, Comsumer Relations has established their own E-mail address. This is where I would send my issues. There it is catalogued for tracking. I hope someone will listen to you, and respond.
Old Aug 9, 2000, 9:02 am

Programs: a little here, a little there
On 7/17 I emailed Mr. Gunn, and had a response from his delegate on 7/21. Not the ideal response, but at least they got back to me!
Old Aug 10, 2000, 1:57 pm

i second johnndor - i recently got a response from gunn's deputies within 24 hours

jim90068's note must have fallen through the cracks somehow

who do you think reads gunn's email for him? he has to have another secret email address now that we all know the [email protected] one that he actually reads...

Old Aug 10, 2000, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

FYI, on Aug 9 I re-sent my complaint by email to Gunn and Garton. I'll let you know when or if I get a response.
Old Aug 10, 2000, 7:07 pm

Yes, employees hear about it when it a letter gets sent, no matter to whom it's sent to. Dan Garton isn't VP of Customer Service...Tom DeValle is. Anyways, just write letters when things go that bad, and just need date/flight number...they know who was there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.