Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Desk's New Phone System

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2000, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Platinum Desk's New Phone System

Frustrated with the AA Platinum Desk's upgraded phone system?

Here are a couple of tips to speed you through the computer voice prompts to a nearly always friendly and helpful human:

1. If your FF# contains letters, shout "Charlie Victor" rather than "CV". "Charlie Victor" gets me a human immediately. Even though I take pride in my clarity, the computer often is puzzled with my pronunciation of "CV" and prompts me to repeat.

2. If you really get frustrated, shout "Agent", as I recently learned in a petulant moment. The computer will deliver you to the next available human.

Call me old-fashioned, but I love to talk with real people.
Old Aug 9, 2000, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
petulant, hummm I cannot quite imagine any of us ever being petulant. Thankfully, so far I have not had any issue with the voice actived system. What I don't understand is why there is not an option to key it in.
Old Aug 9, 2000, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Acutally, you can key in your AAdvantage # and PIN # if you prefer, though the system doesn't tell you until it misunderstands you at least once.

I was just going to try the suggestions 0524 mentioned, but I got immediately connected to an agent, without the voice prompt! I had a hard time explaining that one. Anyway, I called back and used the automatated system, and the tips you gave us worked great. Thanks for your help.
Old Aug 9, 2000, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
How do you key in your AAdvantage number? When I try to do this, I get a response: "I heard touch tones!" and I am returned to the voice response system. How do you bypass this and enter the AAdvantage number via keypad, and when do you enter the PIN?
Old Aug 9, 2000, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Normally when I call the Platinum line and press 3 (to speak to a rep) it says "Please say your AAdvantage Number." If it doesn't recognize what I said, then it normally says something like "Please say your AAdvantage Number or enter your AAdvantage number and PIN." You can also enter your number and PIN at the first prompt, you don't have to wait for it to not recognize you.

I think in your case, you're talking about the automated system for upgrades, etc. (option 2). That system never understands me when I say my AAdvantage number, and does not allow you to type it in, I have no idea why. So we're out of luck on that!

Interestingly, both times I called AAdvantage today, it put me directly through to an agent, it didn't ask for my AAdvantage number. I actually prefer that they get my number before I speak to someone. I may be alone on this issue, but I like them to know who I am as soon as we start speaking, it saves me time, and the system can give priority to people with actual elite status, not just whomever has the phone number.

d

[This message has been edited by Doppy (edited 08-09-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Doppy (edited 08-09-2000).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.