Wiki Posts
Search

One World terminal at ORD?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2000, 7:41 pm
Moe
Original Poster

One World terminal at ORD?

ORD has plans for an international terminal 4 that will be adjacent to AA's terminal 3.. Because of proximity, will it become a terminal only for OneWorld Airlines and a hub for AA's international operations? I would certainly like to see that.

It would also mean terminal 3 would become all domestic, meaning AA can expand its operation at ORD and compete more effectively with UA, which controls 40% of the flights at ORD.
Old Aug 4, 2000, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA,UAL & DL
Moe,do you know something I don't,regarding ORD slots operation or the NIMBY's(rich democrats) just sitting by fence and watching this happen?

I am not a NIMBY supporter,but through all the years of ORD operation,it seems ORD has cowered to them in some shape or fashion.

ORD is a premier facility,but everthing I see ORD in the news,it regarding noise,and tighter noise abatements. While this doesn't matter for someone who lives in Texas. The fact remains,trying to accomadate the NIMBYs is going to put a restraint on operations,which in turn means,we,the pax will endure more delays.

By the way,wasn't it you,on another post stated that they want to reconfigure the runways at ORD? If so which direction will the runways be facing.
Old Aug 4, 2000, 4:31 pm
Moe
Original Poster

There are hundreds of drawings and ideas laid out to fix up ORD, but nothing can move on because of the suburban lobby. Please Go to General Travel Talk and see my post, "Chicago suburbs driving me nuts" Thanks.
Old Aug 4, 2000, 4:46 pm

Nothing happens at O'Hare without the city of Chicago being involved. Do not be surprised if this is a issue which we will see closure on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.