Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waterhouse bonus

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2000, 10:49 am

I sent a rather pointed series of e-mails right before the holidays, and eventually got a call from one of the few (three, I think he said) people at Waterhouse who really understand the AAdvantage bonus. (Before I spoke with him, everyone kept telling me that the 10,000 miles bonuses are "in progress.")

He looked at my account and said my AAdvantage number hadn't actually been entered, so it was no wonder that the bonus hadn't posted. He then entered my AAdvantage number; I'm still waiting for my bonus, but for others who have waited an inordinately long time, I would check to make sure Waterhouse's computer records are in order.
Old Jan 18, 2000, 11:03 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
My third bonus still hasn't posted! This account was opened in late September. I have called Waterhouse 3 times since then. On the last call, almost 4 weeks ago, they told me it was processed on 12/20 and I should wait a few weeks. It is still not listed anywhere on my account statement. I think I will call them and threaten to close the account.
Old Jan 18, 2000, 8:33 pm

Still no bonus!!

It got where I was calling weekly in November each time getting a different story.

Finally they signed me uo AGAIN as a new customer but said I couldn't close the account for sixty days till the bonus posted.

My money is being held hostage by these crooks.

E-Trade...my hats off to you now!
Old Jan 18, 2000, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

It's funny, I started this thread back in September, and guess what? I still have NOT received my bonus!!! And by some random coincidence, I called them today, just as this topic made it back to the top of the list, so I thought I would let you know that you have company in not receiving you bonus.
Old Jan 18, 2000, 11:15 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
I received my first bonus about 5-6 weeks after I transferred the necessary funds to waterhouse. I opened a second account (joint account) in November, but have not seen the 10K bonus miles in my AA account yet.
Old Jan 19, 2000, 10:56 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
One day after posting the above what should appear in my AA account but my last 10,000 mile bonus!!! Waterhouse had told me that they had processed the bonus on 12/20 and it was posted to AA on 1/4 (or two weeks). Based on the 3 accounts I have, it takes no more than 3 weeks from the time they process your info. Keep calling them if you didn't get your bonus. Ask them to review your account history to verify when they processed the bonus. I was told they processed it back in September when my account was opened but that was not the case. Also make sure you get a reference number when you call them so you have something for them to look at if you need to call back.
Old Jan 19, 2000, 4:10 pm

I still haven't gotten my bonus... I have now contacted them 6 times (3 by email, twice by phone, and once by registered letter).

I signed up in August..... still waiting.

Old Jan 20, 2000, 5:45 pm
Original Member

Finally posted! I too signed up in sometimes in Sept o last year. Funny, I have been receiving the AA money market fund bonus mile though.
Old Jan 21, 2000, 7:05 am

I opened my account in August, and still no bonus. I too receive the monthly AA bonus, but not the 10,000 miles. I have called a number of times, been on hold for 20 minutes waiting for a live person, and been told to wait, that they have been posted and I would see them soon. NOT.

Finally yesterday, I talked to someone that seemed to know what he was doing. I took my AAdvantage number and said he was posting them. Then he gave me his name and extension so I can call him back if the miles do not appear. I will let you know if my miles do appear. Then I can email his name and number to anyone that needs help.
Old Jan 28, 2000, 11:56 am

Programs: UA1MM, *G,HA Premier Club, Hyatt Disc, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTPlat, ClubCarlson Gold, IHG PlatAmb
Just in case someone is keeping a statistics; I signed up back in September 1999 and got my 10,000 miles bonus on November 30, 1999. Reasonable amount of time, in my opinion.

Two helpful hints:
a) make sure you meet their $10,000 (I think that's the amount) deposit requirement when opening the new account. Of course the $10,000 doesn't HAVE to stay in the account forever; you may pull some of it out but doing so a day or two after your account is open may be a bit suspicious.

b) as always, make sure you get some kind of confirmation that your account has been entered in the AA bonus.

One thing that may be helpful...I opted for the AA Money Market Fund (which shouldn't be a requirement to receive the 10,000 miles but I did it anyway)

Sorry if I sound like a broken record, I'm just a newbie.

Thx
Old Feb 4, 2000, 8:07 am

Talking

I finally got the miles. As I stated in an earlier post, I have the name and extension of someone that knows what he is doing. too bad that only one of the many people I talked to knew what to do. Hope it does not take as long to get my money out as it did to get my miles.
Old Feb 4, 2000, 11:28 am

I signed up in August, was promised in October that my miles would show up "within two weeks" after a polite phone call to customer service where the gentleman just "couldn't understand" why they hadn't posted already, and finally received the miles in late January.

When I called they clearly didn't have their act together as the person who finally promised to get the problem taken care of was the 4th person I had to talk to.

Oh well. I got the miles and my first 250 mile quarterly bonus at the same time.
Old Feb 4, 2000, 12:47 pm

Mine 10k miles finally got posted this week after 7 phone calls, 6 emails, 1 letter, and 1 fax all from me with 4 emails back from Waterhouse promising, each and every time, that it would get done within a week of the email.

This whole fiasco started in July of 1999 - it took them 6 months of going back and forth to credit the miles. This is perhaps the worst customer service that I have ever gotten.

Now that the miles have finally posted, I put in a transfer form to move the account to a brokerage company who is responsive to their customers. You know, I actually liked TD Waterhouse before all of this - now, never again. This promotion did the exact opposite of it's intent - it has caused me to steer 5 of my colleagues away from them, not to them.
Old Feb 23, 2000, 10:42 am

Bringing up this ugly topic again, I still haven't received my 10K bonus.

Anyone else?
Old Feb 23, 2000, 11:34 am

My miles posted in January...from an August deposit. I called and closed my account. The funds arrived in under one week. At least they do one thing well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.