Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any way to Convert AA Miles to NW w/out much loss?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2000, 8:51 pm
EMD
Original Member
Original Poster

Any way to Convert AA Miles to NW w/out much loss?

Here's a stumper. I've got about 11K miles in AA, am never going to use them, would love to switch them to NW miles - - looked at doing it through HHonors - - would lose a lot that way. Does anyone have any creative ideas?

thanks for your help!
Old Mar 9, 2000, 9:45 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA2MM
EMD -- email me please
Old Mar 10, 2000, 9:51 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
Burkey,

I actually have the exact opposite situation. I have approximately 50K NW miles (courtesy of Sprint ) which I would love to move to AA for a trip I am planning with my wife in the spring (she has miles on AA and 50K NW miles isn't enough to upgrade the both of us to Europe ). I was planning on switching two more phone lines over to Sprint for an additional 50K miles so I could upgrade the both of us, but then we wouldn't be able to earn base miles on AA.

If you have ideas, I would love to hear them also. Thanks.
Old Mar 10, 2000, 3:42 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA2MM
onedog-- my plan wasn't for converting them to AA miles. There doesn't seem to be a good way of doing that, at least of a couple of months ago (I had asked the same question of our friends over in the NW area)
Old Mar 11, 2000, 3:07 pm
Original Member

EMD, whatever you do, if you do not find a solution, do not let the miles expire. You could trade them in for magazines or donate them to charity rather than letting them go to waste.
Old Mar 12, 2000, 4:45 am

Unless they change the rules in the future, NW is not part of the exchange program for HHonors program.
Old Mar 16, 2000, 9:41 pm

Programs: Delta DM 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
EMD: Do you have any use for a AA award ticket. You could sign up for a diners club card, they will give you 12,000 AA miles in exchange for the $80 annual fee. Charge just $2,000 more and you will have an AA domestic award ticket. Plus with diners you get 62 days to pay, primary car rental ins., some international lounge access, etc. I use my Diners miles to "top off" mileage accounts all the time for airlines I fly infrequently and for my wife's accounts. This also gives you more options if your prefered ff program has no award seats for a trip you wish to make. Of course if you have no family or friends that have Diners to refer you feel free to e-mail me and I will refer you. Hope this is helpful,
Loren

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.