Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA/Midway Partnership - Screwy rules?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2000, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

AA/Midway Partnership - Screwy rules?

I purchased travel on Midway via AA's site with MCO-RDU-SDF routing. The MCO-RDU and RDU-MCO legs posted with mileage credit; the RDU-SDF and SDF-RDU legs did not. Here is the response I received to my query as to 'why':

Dear Mr. 'toad,

Thank you for visiting our Web site. I regret to inform you that your missing flights were not eligible for mileage credit because of their routing. Unfortunately, our contract with Midway Airlines prohibits us from crediting miles for their flights that are routed to or from SDF.
Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

Thank you for participating in AAdvantage. We look forward to hearing from you again.

Does this make any sense to y'all? I did check their web site and they have added some verbiage to the Midway partner section that says not all routings are eligible. Probably they added that at the same time they changed the rules for the OW 100K promotion.

Cheers,

'toad
Old Jan 26, 2000, 4:24 pm
Original Member

It has actually been that way for a while. I flew Midway once and made sure it qualified -- but the agent did tell me that certain routes were excluded.

--Jim
Old Jan 27, 2000, 7:21 am
Original Member

Midway's flights that they took over from AA qualify for AA credit (i.e. along the Eastern Seaboard). Their east-west (except, I think, for ATL) service doesn't (MSY, SDF, CMH, etc).
Old Jan 27, 2000, 11:30 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
I ran into the same thing earlier last year on a CMH-RDU segment. It kind of irked me, but when I checked the website, it did say that particular route was excluded! Just becuase of that, I had to make a mileage run at the end of last year to make exec platinum.
Old Jan 27, 2000, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

I guess I wouldn't have a problem if it was clearly stated up-front; but their web site only lists about 3 'excluded' routes. Here is the 2nd reply to my query to AA:

"Quoth the web site:
Travel on Midway Airlines between some destinations may not be eligible for mileage accrual, bonuses, award redemption or upgrades, including but not limited to: Raleigh/Durham, NC and Columbus, OH
Norfolk, VA and Baltimore, MD
Raleigh/Durham, NC and Indianapolis, IN

Though this route is not specifically listed, we did warn you that the ineligible routes were not limited to those listed."

How hard could it be to list all of the excluded routes?

The thing that really gets me is that AA's reason for not including that route was because they fly to SDF from DFW. That's just dandy, but you can't get there from here. Not on any published routing, anyway.

Oh well, at least they posted 2 of the segments for me. Next time I'll fly Southwest. Cheaper and non-stop.

Cheers,

'toad

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.