Old Aug 7, 1999, 6:15 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA2MM
250 miles with Blockbuster membership

BLOCKBUSTER

Award: 250 Bonus Miles
Dates: Memberships purchased between August 11, 1999 and September 14, 1999
Restrictions: U.S. members only. See BLOCKBUSTER Rewards brochure at participating stores for terms and conditions.
Desc: Purchase a Blockbuster Rewards $9.95 membership at participating Blockbuster locations and earn 250 AAdvantage miles. Plus, signing up automatically enters you in a drawing to win one of 35 U.S. Domestic round trip air transportation for two people being offered by American Airlines! Visit Blockbuster's web site at http://www.blockbuster.com for more information about Rewards memberships.
Old Aug 11, 1999, 10:57 am

Burkey...

Nothing in referenced site about "rewards".

What am I missing?
Old Aug 11, 1999, 11:29 am
Original Member

Nothing in the store either. I bought a Rewards membership yesterday; their response is for me to mail it in to AA (hope I kept the receipt!).
Old Aug 11, 1999, 3:06 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Well, it seems that this is only at participating Blockbuster stores, those that have the "Rewards" program. If you go to the Blockbuster site, click on the "In the store" link, and then promos or Reward program there is a short blurb saying not much more that the above description. And, just speculation here, there may be a special Rewards program application to use, on which you have to put your AAdvantage number... I didn't go to Blockbuster yet to sign up, but I'll let you know how I made out..
Old Aug 11, 1999, 3:39 pm

I went to my local Blockbuster this afternoon and on the counter there was a pile of AAdvantage notices that say, "Now that your're a Blockbuster Rewards member, you'll not only have access to free movie rental all year long, you'll also receive 250 AAdvantage miles as our way of saying welcome. In 6 to 8 weeks, you'll receive your first blockbuster Rewards newsletter containing a voucher for your miles. And remember, with each rental or purchase before Sept. 14th you are automatically entered into the Blockbuster rewards sweepstakes where you could win a flight to one of over 250 exciting AA destingations worldwide."
I haven't signed up for the rewards program so I have no idea if there's a space for your AAdvantage number. At least this answers the question of how you get your miles.
Old Aug 18, 1999, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

More info:

* Join Blockbuster Rewards™ before Sept. 14* and earn 250 AADVANTAGE miles.
- Annual fee $9.95* ("*Annual fee may vary") = 4 cents / AADVANTAGE mile
- One FREE BLOCKBUSTER Favorites rental every month
- One FREE rental after five paid rentals of any movies, and/or games during each calendar month
- Junk mail ("We'll even send you exclusive offers that are available only to BLOCKBUSTER Rewards members")

* Beginning in October, we will be able to exchange AADVANTAGE miles for Blockbuster GiftCards™ or membership in Blockbuster Rewards.

* With each rental or purchase at participating stores between now and Sept. 14* you are automatically entered for a chance to win one of 35 flights for two on American Airlines

-> Note: probably you'll enter your AADVANTAGE number on the coupon and mail it in.
Old Oct 1, 1999, 9:54 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Received the Rewards membership in today's mail, including voucher to mail in for the 250 miles, and a free video rental.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.