Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 Questions about, guide to, and listing of, compensation (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 20, 2013, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST. Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post; moderators can edit this Wikipost.

Welcome. This thread has been archived; please visit the 2014 Questions about, guide to, and listing of, compensation (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

2013 Questions about, guide to, and listing of, compensation (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
You paid for a coach ticket and got a coach seat. Yes, it sucks to lose your upgrade, but IMO no compensation is due. Upgrades are nice when you get 'em, but you cannot expect to be reimbursed when you do NOT get an upgrade (or even when an upgrade is rescinded) and you end up flying in the class for which you paid.
Wait a minute, I just said it sucked not being upgraded. But I still think I should get reimbursed for the cancelled hotel charge and maybe something for being stranded overnight and missing work the next day.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:48 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
Agent A: "Are you the one who came from First Class Flagship lounge? Please come in, we were notified by the agent there. WiFi is available at this lounge."
Me: "Thank you. I am wondering if the WiFi is not available at the International Terminal today?"
Agent A: "Yes, it has actually been unavailable for a couple of days."
Me: "I guess there must be a lot of passengers who complained about the issues?"
I wasn't talking to Agent B, but she interjected our conversation:
Agent B: "Not as much as you."
I had a similar experience with an off the cuff remark made by an FA. It's somewhere on the old thread, but I would complain about the rep's attitude. Regardless of how much you were whining, the rep's behaviour was totally unprofessional.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:49 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Forget about the wifi. Send a concise (much more than this post) to AA about the actions of the other agent. Then forget about that as well. Done. And, yeah, it really was better in the other thread rather than in a new one.

Cheers.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
At that time I wasn't mad at all, but later I found myself a bit moody and couldn't explain why, until my colleagues and friends explained that was a very hostile way to treat the customer like that. What is your take on it?

I actually also had the flight delay to EZE, AA953 for two hours because the original flight had the heating issues with the windows and the air-conditioning, which took days to fix.

I was wondering if I should write the letter to AA CR to just describe the issues of JFK Flagship lounge and the agent's attitude and a separate issue of the flight delay instead of the combination of all three issues? It sounds like a lot of information to digest and CR might not read the entire letter.

Advice will be appreciated.
Life's too short; put it out of your mind and move on.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Had to hop back and forth the international and domestic lounge five to eight times on Jan 6, 2013
At which point did the agent make the comment? First time? Eighth time?

I'm just wondering why you just didn't buy wi-fi from the airport provider, either out in the terminal or in the lounge if it would work there, and just be done with it. You could have written AA after asking for compensation based on a published benefit not being available.

Did you have to go to the AC near the 40 gates, or were you using the domestic lounge that adjoins the Flagship lounge just past security?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by tom911
At which point did the agent make the comment? First time? Eighth time?
1. First time.

I'm just wondering why you just didn't buy wi-fi from the airport provider, either out in the terminal or in the lounge if it would work there, and just be done with it. You could have written AA after asking for compensation based on a published benefit not being available.
2. I tried Boingo Hotspot at the JFK Flagship Lounge. They indeed worked, but the coverage was way too slow to justify the cost of it.

Did you have to go to the AC near the 40 gates, or were you using the domestic lounge that adjoins the Flagship lounge just past security?
3. JFK Admirals Club B, near the 40 Gates. The AT&T WiFi and the Admirals Club WiFi seemed unavailable at the International Terminal at all (Gates 1-14) for a couple of days.

PS: Mods, could you please merge this thread to the Guides to Compensation 2013 as suggested by the other FTers?

Last edited by PaulInTheSky; Jan 7, 2013 at 7:23 pm
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by vasantn
Life's too short; put it out of your mind and move on.
My thoughts exactly.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:28 pm

My 2 cents... it's annoying, but sometimes people are crotchety. Whether or not it's worth it to you to complain is a personal decision. Kind of like whether or not I should tow the guy blocking my driveway even though I don't need to use it =)

Personally I would have just turned to the agent and said "I'm happy to have your input on this conversation. Let's get your supervisor's as well." But that moment's passed now =)
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by djibouti
...whether or not I should tow the guy blocking my driveway even though I don't need to use it =)
Yes. Always tow when someone blocks your drive in the City. Not towing is an invitation for them to park there again.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:37 pm

I take a note of the vehicle (it happens maybe once a month). If I ever see a repeat offender I'll tow right quick :-)

Edit to add: My friend once blocked my neighbor's driveway instead of mine by accident. Rather than tow her they left a very friendly note asking her to be more conscientious about it. We apologized for the mistake but it's changed the way I react to others blocking my driveway. I first assume it's an honest mistake.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:39 pm

I take a note of the vehicle (it happens maybe once a month). If I ever see a repeat offender I'll tow right quick :-)
Once a month? You must live out in "the sticks"
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
Once a month? You must live in "the sticks".
Duboce Triangle but we digress =)
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:42 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
Once a month? You must live out in "the sticks"
Duboce Triangle but we digress =)
Down here in the hills of the south bay we don't even have sidewalks. And no one has any reason to park in our driveway...since there's nowhere to be going

Cheers.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
You got the WiFi at the AC which met your needs, and became "moody" after the fact? Neither of those AAngels had anything to do with the gap at the FL. If work was paramount why hop back and forth?

There is a tiny subset of perpetually aggrieved PAX these folks have to deal with; maybe you were just leaning that way a bit - from their perspective anyway.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:53 pm

Me: "I guess there must be a lot of passengers who complained about the issues?"
I wasn't talking to Agent B, but she interjected our conversation:
Agent B: "Not as much as you."
This could be translated to, "Welcome to New York. We're glad you're here. Sorta."

I lived in NY for many years. Whenever anything like that happened (in airport or not - upscale place or McD's), I always took it as a "Welcome to NY," moment and tried to look at it with a sense of humor.

You could write a letter, they'll apologize. Or you can drop it. Whatever is going to make you feel a better, you know?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.