Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New standby priority? (NO - confirmed by American Airlines)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
AA is a business, they do not exist to dish away free upgrades and elite benefits. They are looking at the value of your relationship and cheap $5-10k EXPs probably aren't particularly important to AA. I think this change is fair and makes sense, it rewards the people that provide more revenue and therefore are more valuable to AA.

UA has adapted and changed, they are no longer dishing out $250 e-Certs for defective video systems, $75 for no Freshbrew coffee, etc. They have (largely) ended the non-sense of sending multiple 777s IAD-DEN, ORD-LAX, SFO-DEN through more efficient aircraft utilization and staging.

So now business travelers and people that are willing/able to pay more but are less able to plan their schedules far in advance will get upgraded. Seems fair to me, AA shouldn't be giving the store away to "loyal" mileage running EXPs.
Oh please. Don't give that COdbaUA we're a business and we're here to make money and all elites and anyone who want free upgrades can go pound sand cr@p.

There are plenty of business models. COdbaUA chose one and created a massive elite exodus. AA is more than happy to absorb these so-called "invaluable" 1Ks Look at the numbers. COdbaUA is not doing as well as you'd dreamed. An $5K "invaluable" EXP cannot be ignored. Revenue is revenue, period. A plane filled with EXPs on MRs is better than an empty plane.

Delta does not allow non-elites to use miles and copay or pay TOD to upgrade on discounted domestic coach tickets. They could be doing exactly what COdbaUA is doing by selling cheap $39 upgrades and tell elites to pound sand. They are not, and they seem to be doing just fine.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 9:30 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by hillrider
I found this off-subject comment in another thread and thought it warrants the attention of its own thread, as, if true, it's a major change in policy.
I'll wait till it's confirmed by someone with more than a single digit no. of FT posts and days on here before I fret too much about this one.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gemac
I read a lot of unconfirmed rumors on this forum. I have learned not to get my undies in a bunch when a member posts a rumor as one of their first five posts (talking not about Hillrider but about the member he quotes).
I missed that; thanks for pointing it out.

No confirmation on this thread, so it's probably untrue.

Sorry for the distraction.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

From a trusted connected person at http://www.travelingbetter.com/forum...0&postcount=24

Originally Posted by JonNYC
A look at today's PALL lists (not done by me) reveals absolutely zero evidence of any such change-- all is operating as it has in recent years with time-of-request sorting the order within elite tier. And, of course with thru-pax, Y/B, etc playing their role as well.

But zero evidence of any change at this juncture.
Case closed.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:00 am
Company Representative - American Airlines

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by hillrider
I found this off-subject comment in another thread and thought it warrants the attention of its own thread, as, if true, it's a major change in policy.
Can anybody confirm/provide details of this revised PALL prioritization? Is it by actual $ (doubtful) or by inventory bucket (easier to implement)?
We wanted to confirm that there have been no changes to the priority assigned when a customer is standing by for a different flight.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
As AmericanAirlines has confirmed that there have been no changes to the priority assigned when a customer is standing by for a different flight, we will go ahead and close this thread.
If any member has a reason to re-open the thread for discussion, please use the "Alert a moderator to this post" function.

miamigrad / AA forum co-moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.