Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award with Qantas (operated by South African Airways)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2012, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Once upon a time...
Award with Qantas (operated by South African Airways)

OK, I'm a little confused on this one.

When I go to Qantas's website and look for award availability for MEL-JNB, availability shows up for MEL-PER on QF653 and PER-JNB on QF303.

However, when I go to AA's website and look for the same award availability, this itinerary will not come up. I am only able to book earlier flights that are not operated by South African Airways.

I know South African Airways is Star Alliance, so I'm confused why Qantas shows this availability in the first place. But is there a way for me to book this itinerary with my AA miles?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 3:01 pm
Suspended

You cannot use AA miles to book a QF flight operated by SA.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Once upon a time...
Originally Posted by Austinrunner
You cannot use AA miles to book a QF flight operated by SA.
Easy enough answer, thanks!
Old Dec 14, 2012, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

South African Airways are a QF partner airline (code share) on this route and some internal South Africa routes. It is not that unusual having partner airlines that are in another alliance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.