Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The real reason Flight Attendants are there....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Wow, way to go off-topic.

What a wonderful story to share, especially since it turned out so well. Seeing professionals excel at their jobs in emergency situations always amazes me.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 3:41 am

I will admit the the calmness comes with experience
Old Nov 27, 2012, 7:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Y29M
The incident reminded me that FA's are there for our safety and to deal with emergencies and has left me with the knowledge that if I was ever unfortunate enough to have a medical problem on a plane, that i'd be in good hands!
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Being there for safety and emergencies isn't mutually exclusive from providing good service to customers. The FA job is all of the above. @:-)
Agreed with elitetraveler. They have many jobs, some of those jobs should take higher priority than others when they are being performed. The higher priorities shouldn't exclude the other jobs from being taken just as seriously when those respective tasks are being performed. From my perspective, the FA's are "really there" to perform their duties in their entirety, each and every flight (which most of them on AA tend to do).
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Good to hear this story! AA really has quite a few GREAT employees. Let's hope they can get through this bankruptcy and be the premier airline that they once were and can be in the future!
Old Nov 27, 2012, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by formeraa
Good to hear this story! AA really has quite a few GREAT employees. Let's hope they can get through this bankruptcy and be the premier airline that they once were and can be in the future!
Agreed! In fact I've experienced very few AA staff members who have been anything less than friendly and attentive. Of course there are exceptions, but I'd like to think that even they would react in exactly the same way as the crew on my flight did!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.