Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Routing Question: Raleigh to Rome

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2012, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by HNL
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
Thanks for the clarification. My point was to find any European destination that AA serves where a SWU is available and make a short connection to FCO from there.

I think MAD is fine but it certainly is the size of a small city.
6.2 Million population is not a small city @:-)
I suspect that tkelvin69 was characterizing Barajas Airport ("MAD") as a "small city."
Old Nov 20, 2012, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HNL
6.2 Million population is not a small city @:-)
I think the point was that the Madrid airport (MAD) is itself the size of a small city.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 8:22 am

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Stripe
3. The FCO-LHR flight on BA was perfectly pleasant. Intra-Europe business class is the same as coach except for an empty middle seat (sometimes) and a hot versus cold breakfast. We sat in the "flexible" part of the cabin that they extend the business class into if needed, so we got the extra seat pitch too....
I accept the intra-Europe business format, too. I've done it a few times and don't dread it now.

But I must disagree about getting any additional seat pitch in the "flexible" part of the cabin. These are just the rows that can be declared as economy (filling up to 6 of the seats per row and with economy food and drinks or declaring these rows business class with up to 4 of the same 6 seats filled and with better business class food and drink service.

Seat pitch is a measurement of front to back seat placement, not personal space gained by an empty middle seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.