Wiki Posts
Search

London Heathrow Fast Track Immigration pink envelope

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
London Heathrow Fast Track Immigration pink envelope

I've accumulated several of the pink LHR Fast Track immigration envelopes from AA trips connecting to BA. The last one I received was about 3 years ago and says Dear Premium Passenger on the top. Could I use these passes for an upcoming trip to LHR? I'll be in Y so I know I won't be entitled to get them on the plane. I don't see an expiration date like they stamp on BKK fast track immigration cards but wanted to find out if the old ones I have will still be accepted?

Thanks.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:01 am

Programs: AA, SQ
you'll probably be fine

but I honestly never found the 'fast track' to be fast at all... at best it was barely faster and usually it was slower than the regular queue.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:47 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Fenway1912
but I honestly never found the 'fast track' to be fast at all... at best it was barely faster and usually it was slower than the regular queue.
I agree, always take a look at the normal line before committing to the 'Fast Track' queue as it can often be the better option.

I've not noticed any difference in the pink envelopes over recent years so you should be fine if you do elect to use one.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 4:11 am

Programs: AA PLT(1.8 MM); HH-GLD
The security at LHR is a "crap's shoot". Gone through twice in the last month. One area had no "Fast Track". I took us 70 minutes (missed connection) to move 7 places and clear! The next time through-5 minutes! There are many problems with the BAA-the airport operator. See the BA forum. Seems to be a function of which security team mans the area. Adjacent lanes move at significantly different speeds. Be prepared for a search of every item in your carry-on and significant delay. If less be happy. If you connect in less than 90 minutes--know your options. BA seems very efficient on re-booking- they have lots of practice unfortunately.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 6:48 am

1. The envelopes (pink slips) haven't changed, so you're fine to use them (although I believe only at T3)

2. Whether or not it saves time or not depends entirely on your luck upon arrival. Just as I've come across no queues in the regular lines a few times, other times the regular queue was literally some two hours' worth of queueing with only <10mins in the Fast Track. For this reason I always have a spare in my passport wallet.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 8:03 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Moderator action

Attacks and overly personalized comments directed at other members (and replies) have been, and will continue to be, summarily deleted.

FlyerTalk and this Forum continue to be venues where mutually respectful communication is the order of the day.

Thank you,

/Moderator
Old Nov 8, 2012, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Mloebach
The security at LHR is a "crap's shoot". Gone through twice in the last month. One area had no "Fast Track". I took us 70 minutes (missed connection) to move 7 places and clear! The next time through-5 minutes! There are many problems with the BAA-the airport operator. See the BA forum. Seems to be a function of which security team mans the area. Adjacent lanes move at significantly different speeds. Be prepared for a search of every item in your carry-on and significant delay. If less be happy. If you connect in less than 90 minutes--know your options. BA seems very efficient on re-booking- they have lots of practice unfortunately.
The issues you report, while real, are not responsive to what the OP is asking. BAA does not operate the immigration desks, UK Border Agency does. I, too, have had frustrating experiences making connections at LHR due to inconsistent security, but that's not the OP's question.

Last edited by Microwave; Nov 8, 2012 at 8:11 am Reason: Removed reference to moderator action

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.