FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Hurricane Sandy (and post-Sandy) impacts and related issues (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1401070-hurricane-sandy-post-sandy-impacts-related-issues-consolidated.html)

NYCQuaker Oct 26, 2012 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Clarkcc1 (Post 19570852)
lol. Well, the dominoes should hopefully start to fall - US Airways has a waiver up thru 10/31 RDU to BOS.

It's nothing personal! I fly back to NYC on Tuesday, so I am wanting desperately to shift my flights to Monday to get back for the show! ^ (oh, and to not be flying on Tuesday), but I completely get the delay.

That being said, if the other carriers are shifting policy, then I agree with your "domino" theorem.

daslax Oct 26, 2012 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Clarkcc1 (Post 19570852)
lol. Well, the dominoes should hopefully start to fall - US Airways has a waiver up thru 10/31 RDU to BOS.

JetBlue just posted theirs as well - flights between 10/29-10/30.

NYCQuaker Oct 26, 2012 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by daslax (Post 19570964)
JetBlue just posted theirs as well - flights between 10/29-10/30.

I am taking 7PM EST for AA. Any other takers?

reddirt14 Oct 26, 2012 12:49 pm

I must have been living in a box. I completely missed this storm until last night. I'm flying ORD to CLT on Saturday morning and back CLT to ORD late Sunday night. I'm far enough inland, and well south of where it will mix with the cold front (not to mention a day or two early), to avoid delays right?

Thinking you folks no more about it than I do right now. Thanks for any suggestions or thoughts.

formeraa Oct 26, 2012 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by NYCQuaker (Post 19570828)
I fixed it for ya.

+1 Those of us who live or have lived on the East Coast understand the fickleness of weather forecasting. When I was in college in the 80's, the New England forecasters got really spooked by one storm, saying it looked JUST like the blizzard of '78 and said a FOOT or more of snow was very likely. We ended up getting a dusting of snow...

So, wait until 72 hours in advance or pay the penalty fee.

NYCQuaker Oct 26, 2012 1:17 pm

East Coast U.S. Travel Policy
Due to the projected path of the hurricane, American Airlines offer customers the convenience to change their plans. Customers ticketed to travel on AA flights to, through, or from the airport listed may change flights as shown below.

If you are traveling to or from:
Watertown, NY (ART)
Newark, NJ (EWR)
Greensboro / Highpoint, NC (GSO)
Westchester County / White Plains, NY (HPN)
Washington Dulles, VA (IAD)
New York Kennedy, NY (JFK)
New York LaGuardia, NY (LGA)
Philadelphia, PA (PHL)
Harrisburg, PA (MDT)
Norfolk, VA (ORF)
Pittsburg, PA (PIT)
Raleigh / Durham, NC (RDU)
Richmond, VA (RIC)
Rochester, NY (ROC)
Syracuse, NY (SYR)
On the following dates: October 28 - 31, 2012
And your ticket was issued no later than: October 26, 2012
You may travel: October 26 – November 4, 2012
Original inventory required? No

The ticket reissue charge will be waived for one ticket change.

To change travel dates or for questions regarding destination changes, contact our Reservations personnel at 1-800-433-7300 within the United States or Canada. If you are calling from outside the United States or Canada, please check our Worldwide Reservations Numbers page.

Clarkcc1 Oct 26, 2012 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by NYCQuaker (Post 19570971)
I am taking 7PM EST for AA. Any other takers?

Looks like you got the under ;)

I do believe there are a few glaring omissions that I assume are accidental: DCA and BWI.

NYCQuaker Oct 26, 2012 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Clarkcc1 (Post 19571216)
Looks like you got the under ;)

I do believe there are a few glaring omissions that I assume are accidental: DCA and BWI.

I didn't win the bet with myself :( Yeah, the WAS omission seems odd.

J.Edward Oct 26, 2012 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by NYCQuaker (Post 19571222)
I didn't win the bet with myself :( Yeah, the WAS omission seems odd.

Now on aa.com:
If you are traveling to or from:
Baltimore, MD (BWI)
Boston, MA (BOS)
Buffalo, NY (BUF)
Charleston, WV (CRW)
Charlottesville, VA (CHO)
Greensboro / Highpoint, NC (GSO)
Harrisburg, PA (MDT)
Hartford, CT (BDL)
New York Kennedy, NY (JFK)
New York LaGuardia, NY (LGA)
Newark, NJ (EWR)
Norfolk, VA (ORF)
Philadelphia, PA (PHL)
Pittsburg, PA (PIT)
Raleigh / Durham, NC (RDU)
Richmond, VA (RIC)
Rochester, NY (ROC)
Syracuse, NY (SYR)
Washington Dulles, VA (IAD)
Washington Reagan National, DC (DCA)
Watertown, NY (ART)
Westchester County / White Plains, NY (HPN)
On the following dates: October 28 - 31, 2012
And your ticket was issued no later than: October 26, 2012
You may travel: October 26 – November 4, 2012
Original inventory required? No[

TheAJ Oct 26, 2012 1:31 pm

Anybody else planning on taking a chance with an early morning monday flight out of laguardia? (Oct 29)

NYCQuaker Oct 26, 2012 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by TheAJ (Post 19571261)
Anybody else planning on taking a chance with an early morning monday flight out of laguardia? (Oct 29)

I was scheduled on the 30th and moved everything to Monday... so me...

wrp96 Oct 26, 2012 1:39 pm

What? You mean AA actually beat Delta and United to issue a waiver? How'd that happen?:p

supergrandslam Oct 26, 2012 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by NYCQuaker (Post 19571283)
I was scheduled on the 30th and moved everything to Monday... so me...

Last summer,Hurricane Irene hit NYC in late Aug on Sun as far as I remember.
All 3 airports were closed from 12PM on Sat to entire Sun and reopened on Mon(not 100% sure).
On Friday, I got a flight cancellation notice for the Sun night flight before NY port authority officially announced the airport closures if I remember corrently.

Assume Sandy will hit NYC on Tue, I guess 3 airports may be closed starting sometime on Mon.

I would move my departure to San if necessary. I know it's too early, but if it happens, it may be too late to change scedule at all.

PandT Oct 26, 2012 2:41 pm

Made the change easily

Called in to ask and AA had just posted the waiver. Agent made the changes for the 2 of us - now returning early SFO-JFK, Saturday instead of Sunday night. Just in time to batten down the hatches if need be. Last night they quoted a $450 fare/change fee each. Phew. Travel safely!! P&T

george 3 Oct 26, 2012 2:45 pm

I'm on the 645am to DFW.