Wiki Posts
Search

How to book multi-city award flight?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

How to book multi-city award flight?

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can help me out. I have done a ton of research and I think I have finally found the flights I want to take. On 7/14/13, I want to fly MCO-LAX, arriving at 3:30 PM, and then the next morning (7/15/13) I want to take LAX-HNL at 8 AM.

For the MCO-LAX flight, the saver award for business/first is 25k points (x2 tickets), and for LAX-HNL, the saver award is 37.5k points (x2 tickets). My assumption was that the layover is less than 24 hours, I would only be charged the points for the higher saver award, and would therefore only be paying 75k points total (37.5 x2). However, when I go through the process of booking the flights, the website wants to charge me 125k points (25k x2 and 37.5k x2). Was my thinking incorrect? Can someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong or if I'm out of luck?

Thanks!
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by rcross23
Hi all,

Hopefully someone can help me out. I have done a ton of research and I think I have finally found the flights I want to take. On 7/14/13, I want to fly MCO-LAX, arriving at 3:30 PM, and then the next morning (7/15/13) I want to take LAX-HNL at 8 AM.

For the MCO-LAX flight, the saver award for business/first is 25k points (x2 tickets), and for LAX-HNL, the saver award is 37.5k points (x2 tickets). My assumption was that the layover is less than 24 hours, I would only be charged the points for the higher saver award, and would therefore only be paying 75k points total (37.5 x2). However, when I go through the process of booking the flights, the website wants to charge me 125k points (25k x2 and 37.5k x2). Was my thinking incorrect? Can someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong or if I'm out of luck?

Thanks!

You only have 4 hours to make a connection. Since your LAX-HNL is the next day, you will be charged for a separate one-way flight. Are you wanting to spend the night in LA for some reason? I just checked online, and you can arrive LAX at 3:30pm on 7/14 and then leave for HNL on AA 267 at 6:00pm. That would be a one way First Class MileSAAver award for 37.5k each, 75k total.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nddomer04
You only have 4 hours to make a connection. Since your LAX-HNL is the next day, you will be charged for a separate one-way flight. Are you wanting to spend the night in LA for some reason? I just checked online, and you can arrive LAX at 3:30pm on 7/14 and then leave for HNL on AA 267 at 6:00pm. That would be a one way First Class MileSAAver award for 37.5k each, 75k total.
I don't necessarily need to stay the night in LAX. I'm just trying to get First class on both flights at the MileSAAver level. I just looked, and AA 267 on 7/14 doesn't show up for me as having First Class MileSAAver availability. Are you sure that it showed up for you? I'm confused as to why I can't see it.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by rcross23
I don't necessarily need to stay the night in LAX. I'm just trying to get First class on both flights at the MileSAAver level. I just looked, and AA 267 on 7/14 doesn't show up for me as having First Class MileSAAver availability. Are you sure that it showed up for you? I'm confused as to why I can't see it.
Ah, I only entered 1 passenger. They have 1 MileSAAver seat available on AA267, but not 2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.