Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best use of AAdvantange Companion Certificates?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Best use of AAdvantange Companion Certificates?

Back in June my SO and I both applied for AA cards using the double browser trick and now we have 4x companion certificates all set to expire on November 30th. I'm assuming a lot of folks have gotten these recently from Citi / AAdvantage, but haven't seen much chatter about actually using them.

(1) Any FT suggestions on getting the most out of these certificates?
(2) Is the expiration date on the cert a book by date or a travel by date?
(3) Any way to get the expiration date extended?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Gold Elite, Lowly kettle across every other loyalty program.
The last time I had a companion BOGO, we flew to London in Business Class. 2 for the price of one gives you a chance to experience something you don't usually get two, either a place or a class of travel... use your imagination.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:59 pm

I believe these passes are only valid for travel within the 48 contiguous states. No international travel, unfortunately.

If you can afford it, and you have no other travel plans, just take some trips to places you find interesting or want to visit. A short weekend trip, or a day trip, or whatever. Find somewhere cheap and just go.

Where are you located?

The expiration date is the travel by date.

Maybe you should read the last few pages of this thread. There has been some talk about the expiration date of these certs.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ey-appear.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.