Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

Admirals Clubs that admit Priority Pass members:

SJU - San Juan, Puerto Rico
YYZ - Toronto, Canada, L. B. Pearson

(Font and color used for iStuff users and to differentiate...)
Print Wikipost

Admirals Club access using priority pass question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2012, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Admirals Club access using priority pass question

Any thoughts or experience with this would be helpful.
Arrived in SJU last night by AA and flying out to the next leg of my trip on B6 today.
I would like to go into the AC today but am not on an AA ticket. I have priority pass and their app doesn't say anything about needing to be flying AA even though I thought this was required. Does anyone have any experience using priority pass that can help me.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 8:35 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Priority pass does not require a same-day AA ticket.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 9:04 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
If the SJU Admirals Club is a Priority Pass lounge, they do not care if you are flying on any airline at all, merely that you are airside. I used the Pass at CUN last month and all they wanted to see is my card.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Awesome thank you. I use my amex plat card all the time but we always fly AA . This will be the first time using priority pass
Old Sep 8, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: none
Luv the PP. Especially in Asia
Ed
Old Sep 8, 2012, 9:58 am

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
Originally Posted by dbaseworking
Luv the PP. Especially in Asia
Ed
PP/AC as part of AMEX PLT is a superb perk for us. I like it in Europe in LHR if I'm coaching it on AA because of the small but nice landside Air Canada lounge on arriving, and also because the former AC in FRA is PP also.

Looking forward to to a few trips to Asia, but next week I'll give it a shot at SEA when I am on AS.

I am crossing my fingers hoping the AC access stays, given the uncertainty of restructuring.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 6:44 am
Original Poster

another quick pp question that is a bit off topic. I have my wife, daughter and parents with me . PP app says I get access for all immediate family has anyone ever gotten access for spouse and parents?
Old Sep 15, 2012, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Just got in with everyone. AAngel didn't ask any questions . I'm liking PP so far
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by aaexnonrev
Just got in with everyone. AAngel didn't ask any questions . I'm liking PP so far
Depending on the type of PP membership you have, you will be charged for guests, roughly $30 per head.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:05 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by aaexnonrev
another quick pp question that is a bit off topic. I have my wife, daughter and parents with me . PP app says I get access for all immediate family has anyone ever gotten access for spouse and parents?
These are the particular rules of the lounge. As MSPeconomist said, you are most likely to be charged $27.00 per head.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:01 pm

Programs: Delta, Amex Platinum, Priority Pass
Another AA lounge question by PP at SJU

I have a 4 hour layover at SJU this Friday and am hoping to use my Priority Pass to access the Admirals Club lounge. I am actually flying on JetBlue that day, but I know that shouldn't be a problem as far as admission to the lounge is concerned. I am routed FLL-SJU-SXM that day.

Perhaps someone more familiar with SJU could tell me if I will have airside physical access to Terminal C (which houses the Admirals Club) from my arrival and departure area in JetBlue's new digs in Terminal A. And if so, is walking the only way to move between these terminals?

I read in another thread that it was a 15-20 minute walk from A to B at SJU, which might mean that the A to C walk is double that (not keen on spending 30-40 minutes walking between terminals, each way, if that's the case).

Last edited by purpleplume; Mar 13, 2013 at 10:28 am
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:57 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by B7e7US
These are the particular rules of the lounge. As MSPeconomist said, you are most likely to be charged $27.00 per head.
If PP says you get free access for all immediate family members, I think that would include parents, siblings, spouse and children. In some jurisdictions, "immediate family" might include grandparents and grandchildren, but I would not expect PP to adhere to that definition.

If I were charged $27 for someone PP said should get free admission, I would dispute it with PP and ask them to reimburse me.

Originally Posted by purpleplume
Perhaps someone more familiar with SJU could tell me if I will have airside physical access to Terminal C (which houses the Admirals Club) from my arrival and departure area in JetBlue's new digs in Terminal A. And if so, is walking the only way to move between these terminals?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/carib...erminal-d.html

Perhaps this map will help: http://www.flightstats.com/go/Airpor...irportCode=SJU

Last edited by janetdoe; Mar 13, 2013 at 12:07 am
Old Mar 13, 2013, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
I think this depends on the description of "immediate family", which can vary by Airline club.
I don't know how it applies for PP, but for Admirals Club members it is defined as

"Up to two guests or immediate family (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18 years of age) may accompany the member"

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...Membership.jsp

So, it makes sense an Admiral Club would apply the AC definition.
Does PP define it differently?
Old Mar 13, 2013, 2:56 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
There are several types of PP cards, many with the added word SELECT. Depending on the source, even the primary card holder can be charged a fee. [My PP Select from AMEX PLAT, allows me free lounge access, while the one from HILTON does not.]
Old Mar 13, 2013, 3:14 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Expect PP to charge you for the extra guests.

Originally Posted by mvoight
I think this depends on the description of "immediate family", which can vary by Airline club.
I don't know how it applies for PP, but for Admirals Club members it is defined as

"Up to two guests or immediate family (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18 years of age) may accompany the member"

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...Membership.jsp

So, it makes sense an Admiral Club would apply the AC definition.
Does PP define it differently?
PP does not defines it, the lounge does. When a PP member checks in at the lounge desk, the same criteria used to define immediate family is applied. All the lounge agent does is to allow the access or not, and log the number of visitors so PP can pay the lounge for each additional guest.

Originally Posted by janetdoe
If PP says you get free access for all immediate family members, I think that would include parents, siblings, spouse and children. In some jurisdictions, "immediate family" might include grandparents and grandchildren, but I would not expect PP to adhere to that definition.

If I were charged $27 for someone PP said should get free admission, I would dispute it with PP and ask them to reimburse me.[/url]

Perhaps this map will help: http://www.flightstats.com/go/Airpor...irportCode=SJU
Where does it says "free admission"? Remember that a PP Membership doesn't work the same way as an Admirals Club Membership.

"Conditions: All immediate family members can enter an American Airlines Admirals Club with the cardholder, but the number of persons who are not immediate family will be limited to two at any one visit".

These are the lounge rules in terms of admission, applicable to Admiral Club Members, American Express Platinum Cardholders, and Priority Pass Members, not in terms of free admission. With your PP card, you can access the lounge along with your immediate family members, or with two guests. Each family member, or each guest, is charged the USD27, while the cardholder is either charged as well or not charged, depending on the membership.

You will not have rights to dispute the charges, as all the PP membership plans mentions that there's a guest fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.