FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Avis: Earn 3,000 or 5,000 AAdvantage miles and up to 35% off, until 15 Sep 2012 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1369042-avis-earn-3-000-5-000-aadvantage-miles-up-35-off-until-15-sep-2012-a.html)

DevilsX Aug 5, 2012 2:42 am

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09 (Post 19033074)
I can't do that, though, as I can't drive an American rental car into Canada.

http://www2.aeroplan.com/promotions/...webup2787_Avis

AA_EXP09 Aug 5, 2012 6:14 am

Originally Posted by DevilsX (Post 19061986)

No, I was talking about the Canadian law that says Canadians have to drive a car with a Canadian license plate info Canada.

ciaohound Aug 5, 2012 8:54 am

Originally Posted by supergrandslam (Post 19057957)
I just found that there is no chance for putting in AA# at the time of booking without login to AVIS.
Type of AWD(discount) code doesn't matter here.

I checked the AWD A113400 and confirmed that I was able to input my AA# when I logged in to my AVIS A/C but I couldn't do so when I didn't login.

Not sure if inputting AA# at the time of booking guarantees earning AA miles though.

I'm pretty sure it says in the T/C's that you can input your #AA @ time of reservation OR @ reservation counter prior to pickup.

PaulInTheSky Aug 5, 2012 9:54 am

LAX participating? No miles shown in the receipt.

Rent yesterday, returned it around midnight. No miles shown in the receipt or the e-receipt either. Anyone has an idea?

svasandani Aug 5, 2012 11:50 am

Originally Posted by platbrownguy (Post 19056012)
Thanks for this!

Just turned a 3-day rental from DFW into

same day DFW-DAL
1-day DAL-DAL
1-day DAL-DFW

As an added bonus, DAL has $15.99 plus tax = $22.96/day

I had originally reserved w/ Hertz... easy 9,150 miles for switching to Avis ^

This is a pretty neat idea however when I try booking for next 3 weekends I am getting a rate of $30.95 or $30.23. What AWD # did you use?

sdsearch Aug 5, 2012 2:38 pm

change in receipt format: miles no longer show on receipts

Originally Posted by PromoGoogler (Post 19025507)
Sorry I wasn't clear. It was the paper receipt and the emailed receipt. I just checked my receipt from avis.com, none of the 3 receipts show miles earned. Maybe it was because I rented a Compact car? I didn't think it had to be intermediate or above but I have another SNA rental (Full size) to be returned tomorrow. I will find out if I get miles on this one. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Minos (Post 19035476)
My rental of 4 days and more at ACY last week-end does not show any point or mile on the receipt nor online. It was prepaid at Avis.com using the standard AA coupon and AWD. There was no mention whatsoever that the location was not participating. I am complaining to Avis.

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010 (Post 19063200)
LAX participating? No miles shown in the receipt.

Rent yesterday, returned it around midnight. No miles shown in the receipt or the e-receipt either. Anyone has an idea?

I rented yesterday and returned this morning, and same thing. But I also noticed that the receipt they handed me was in a different format than before. Then I get home, check my email receipt and my online receipt, and see it also in a different format than before.

I called up Avis CS and asked them about that, and the agent said they removed the partner earning from the receipt because they don't always compute it right away.

So hopefully it not being on the receipt is not a bad sign any more!

I don't know when this changed. I have receipts still showing the old format with (in that case hotel points) on Avis.com from late June, and I did not have any rentals between then and this weekend. So sometime after late June is apparently when it changed.

However, I do have one bit of cocern: I also did not get charged the 50c or 75c or whatever for the FFP fee. Does anyone have experience with that, as to whether you can still get AA miles if you don't get charged that? (I've been doing only hotel points for a while, until this month, so it's been a while since I've seen that fee, since it's only used for domestic airlnes, not for foreign airlines and not for hotel points.)

Firewind Aug 5, 2012 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by SimonZX (Post 19056910)
Just made a one-day reservation online using the FL code A113400 and this AA coupon. The reservation went through well and I was able to bring the total to about $29. BUT, I started wondering why it didn't let me put in my AA member #. So I called Avis asking the rep to enter my AA # to the reservation. The rep pulled out my reservation and told me that the code A113400 would not allow me to earn AA miles!! Sadly, I cancelled the reservation since I can't find any other AWD to make a $30 rental.:(

Please do call Avis to confirm that your AWD allow you to earn the miles before you put in your CC info!

This is scary. But try A515100. I've have some upcoming single days using A113400, which are saving me a couple of dollars from the A515100 rate. Looks like I'll have to change them to be safe...

rustyr Aug 6, 2012 7:14 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 19064786)
I rented yesterday and returned this morning, and same thing. But I also noticed that the receipt they handed me was in a different format than before. Then I get home, check my email receipt and my online receipt, and see it also in a different format than before.

I called up Avis CS and asked them about that, and the agent said they removed the partner earning from the receipt because they don't always compute it right away.

I don't know when this changed. I have receipts still showing the old format with (in that case hotel points) on Avis.com from late June, and I did not have any rentals between then and this weekend. So sometime after late June is apparently when it changed.

However, I do have one bit of cocern: I also did not get charged the 50c or 75c or whatever for the FFP fee. Does anyone have experience with that, as to whether you can still get AA miles if you don't get charged that? (I've been doing only hotel points for a while, until this month, so it's been a while since I've seen that fee, since it's only used for domestic airlnes, not for foreign airlines and not for hotel points.)

I had receipts from a Fri nite p-up/Sat AM rtr that show the 3050 but a Fri AM p-up/Sat AM rtr that don't show any miles at all even though it has my AA#, the same AWD, and the MUAA035 code, albeit that one was from a completely different station.. And as far as FFP fee you getting by lucky. I am getting hit 4.05$ for a 7.5% fee. That was not on the one w/out the bonus so I better contact Avis to make sure I get the bonus.

chinesescouse Aug 6, 2012 8:36 am

Has anyone taken the risk and have rented from a local Avis location (not the airport) and have received the bonus points?

Update: Nevermind, by entering the coupon code and AWD code, the Avis booking system is clever enough to know that it's only valid at the airport.

PaulInTheSky Aug 6, 2012 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 19064786)

Was the rate for your second rental prepaid? I was in the pre-paid one, and it didn't seem to include the FFP fee if prepaid was done through the reservation. That might explain why there was no display of the miles/points credited in the receipt.

bitachu Aug 6, 2012 2:16 pm

this budget promo might be better off...

https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/htm...ners/aa20.html

platbrownguy Aug 6, 2012 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by svasandani (Post 19063883)
This is a pretty neat idea however when I try booking for next 3 weekends I am getting a rate of $30.95 or $30.23. What AWD # did you use?

I sent you a PM. I used one of the codes that is widely available on this forum/in this thread, and which does not require ID. It is fairly easy to price-shop using different codes on avis.com.

sdsearch Aug 6, 2012 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010 (Post 19070585)
Was the rate for your second rental prepaid? I was in the pre-paid one, and it didn't seem to include the FFP fee if prepaid was done through the reservation. That might explain why there was no display of the miles/points credited in the receipt.

No, I never do prepaid rates. In fact, my total ended up a couple dollars less than the estimate the online Avis.com rez system gave. I've often found that, but am not sure exactly why.

worldexpress Aug 6, 2012 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by bitachu (Post 19070669)

Saw this on SD. Hmm.. One month of wheels (3 X 10 day rentals) for under $900 ai and 30K.

sdsearch Aug 7, 2012 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by bitachu (Post 19070669)

Originally Posted by worldexpress (Post 19073187)
Saw this on SD. Hmm.. One month of wheels (3 X 10 day rentals) for under $900 ai and 30K.

There's now an AA forum thread dedicated to that separate promo:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...age-miles.html