Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Air first class? or AA's 737 business class

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2012, 5:07 am

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Just flew US 757 Envoy from AUA-CLT. I would take the more cramped AA flight anyday. US seat was hard as a rock and beat to shreds (even worse than old AA 757 config) Shrimp cocktail was good as appetizer but the rest of the catering was awful. Plane smelled of Pledge or some sort of cleaning product. I was no impressed, and I was mad at myself for not taking AA through MIA.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: First Class Flying

Thank you so much! Guys. I havent booked my return ticket yet. But on my way to SJU i payed 30,000 miles one way in FC/BC from PHL-MIA-SJU and have a 4 layover in MIA. Im flying AA's 737-800 on the PHL-MIA the 12:55pm june 16 on business class seat 3A. Then i will be having dinner in miami beach and heading back to the airport at 7:00 for my MIA-SJU 7:20pm flight on a 757-200 in first class seat 2A, can you guys let me know what type of seat config. This 757 have because ive been in all 3 of them in FC/BC and my fav 757 is the intl config with "lie-flat".
Old Jun 7, 2012, 6:33 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by andresmorales153
Then i will be having dinner in miami beach and heading back to the airport at 7:00 for my MIA-SJU 7:20pm flight
You should consider allowing more than 20 minutes from your arrival at the airport to the plane's scheduled departure.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 7:01 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by dickinson
You should consider allowing more than 20 minutes from your arrival at the airport to the plane's scheduled departure.
especially if you're coming from South Beach, also getting through MIA can take time.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Is there expedite security for first class pasengers in MiA?
Old Jun 7, 2012, 9:28 am

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Is there expedite security for first class pasengers in MiA?
yes, but I'd still allocate 30-45 min to clear security
Old Jun 7, 2012, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Thank you so much! Guys. I havent booked my return ticket yet. But on my way to SJU i payed 30,000 miles one way in FC/BC from PHL-MIA-SJU and have a 4 layover in MIA. Im flying AA's 737-800 on the PHL-MIA the 12:55pm june 16 on business class seat 3A. Then i will be having dinner in miami beach and heading back to the airport at 7:00 for my MIA-SJU 7:20pm flight on a 757-200 in first class seat 2A, can you guys let me know what type of seat config. This 757 have because ive been in all 3 of them in FC/BC and my fav 757 is the intl config with "lie-flat".
If you haven't picked a restaurant, I'll give a plug for La Locanda on Washington around 5th. It's not in the touristy part of South Beach (a few blocks north of Joe's Stone Crab). Location is good for a quick run as it's pretty close to where you get off the causeway (be careful how far you get away from a bridge as you can get slowed down on your way out).

Owned/Run by three Italians, casual, reasonably priced & quite good. Pasta quattro formaggi with pear sauce is very good, spaghetti alla vongole nice. Service is great - we mentioned once that we like how the Florentines serve tagliata (con arugula). They have an arugula salad and serve tagliata so they made it for us and it was very good. They only charged for the steak, not the salad. I often stop here if I have time for a quick lunch before flying out of MIA (even if I am driving down from Palm Beach, Boca or FtL.

ADDED - I just noticed that you said the 16th (Saturday) so you DEFINITELY better be careful about the time and traffic, particularly in Miami Beach. Also, I just looked and the US 752 is Intl config (seats) - 3 rows - that is definitely superior to AA 738 seats. I was on a US 752 with the intl config last month and was pleasantly surprised.

Last edited by JMN57; Jun 7, 2012 at 2:16 pm
Old Jun 7, 2012, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA lifetime plat 2.5 million
SJU/PHL: direct on US or connecting on AA?

Well i am a AA frequent flyer and i want to try other airlines. I have the choice of flying direct back home on US Air 757 on Envoy (first class) or flying SJU-MIA-PHL in B-class in 737-800
I live outside Philly and often have the choice of US direct or a connection on AA. Each time I take US, I regret it. Poor and disinterested service, lost bags,etc. With AA, my connections are usually in ORD or DFW.

Connecting through JFK or MIA is a different story. Those two places are zoos. I might take the US first (or whatever it is called) to avoid these places. The direct flight SJU/PHL is about 4 hours. The connection through MIA is about twice as long a travel. But, if you have someone to meet and can eat near the airport, it is like getting a one-day visit for free.

If I had someone to meet up with, I would go via MIA; if it were just travel, I would go direct.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Im plannig on going to Prime 112 in souh beach. Its my fav restaurant in miami, im flying first class PHL-MIA and first class MIA-SJU on a 757-200 i dont want to eat so much in MIA, i like to enjoy FC!
Old Jun 8, 2012, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA 1MM; DL PM
i like to enjoy FC!
So we've heard.

Trying to get upgrades, 3 people one gold member AA
Old Jun 8, 2012, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Hahahahaha!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.