Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO-ORD No evening flights?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2012, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

SFO-ORD No evening flights?

I just reached Executive Platinum status on AA. I was flying from ORD- LAX / SNA since July last year, every week. My next work assignment is in SFO. I was pretty excited to avail my Exec Platinum benefits on ORD-SFO route now only to find out that starting mid-June there is no AA flight from SFO to ORD in the evening. The latest is the afternoon 2:20 PM and after that its the red eye at 11:35 PM

All I see is United flights. I can get a status match on United but it will be a level lower than Executive Platinum . Anyone in the same boat?

Last edited by rahul408; May 24, 2012 at 3:03 pm Reason: added info
Old May 24, 2012, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Checking a random date in July and there is a 5:55 flight.
Old May 24, 2012, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sts603
Checking a random date in July and there is a 5:55 flight.
Wow! Thanks... I guess the flight is off just for a month or so. AA618 currently is at around the same time but somehow I cant find it in June.
Old May 24, 2012, 3:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by rahul408
Wow! Thanks... I guess the flight is off just for a month or so. AA618 currently is at around the same time but somehow I cant find it in June.
Likely due to the short term crew shortage.
Old May 24, 2012, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Interesting. AA618, that late PM flight, indeed ends May 31 but then resumes July 2.
Old May 24, 2012, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by sts603
Likely due to the short term crew shortage.
Pretty sure you nailed it. Many of the 757 pilots are in training at DFW to move to the 777s after all the retirements.

Had an interesting conversation with one on a flight to DFW. I learned that 787 is the same type, so no significant training to jump from 777 to 787.
Old May 25, 2012, 8:30 am

Programs: AA EXP MM/UA MM/Marriott PLT Premier-LT PLT
I do this route weekly and there has been a 6:00 pm flight up until june when it dropped off the schedule. Was very glad to see it back in july because its a major slot and ua has three flights. Even as an EXP its a tough upgrade (not as impossible as UA) and my success rate is about 50%, but that will likley drop a bit due to more UA 1k conversions.
Old May 25, 2012, 9:05 am

Programs: AA Exp/1M, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Pre Plat
Originally Posted by unhappyflyer
I do this route weekly and there has been a 6:00 pm flight up until june when it dropped off the schedule. Was very glad to see it back in july because its a major slot and ua has three flights. Even as an EXP its a tough upgrade (not as impossible as UA) and my success rate is about 50%, but that will likley drop a bit due to more UA 1k conversions.
I flew 618 last night, was 8th on the upgrade list with one seat left, all of us were exp... its one of the toughest upgrades to get.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.