Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need rebooking help from hnl canceled

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2012, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Need rebooking help from hnl canceled

I haven't had this happen yet but I am scheduled to fly home today hnl-dfw fly 102 and just received notice it has been canceled. I was in first class arriving at 7:30 and now will be connecting through lax and will be in coach arriving at 10:55 I paid for an AAanytime award. Any tips/suggestions to improve my situation / get any points back? Not sure about changing airlines,etc thanks for any help.
Old May 4, 2012, 9:12 am

Programs: HHonor Diamond, AA Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Have you called AA? It is more than two hours delay. Can you ask them to put you on a different airline? UA has flights to LAX, SFO and IAH arriving around 7am or 8am. If they have to book you into couch, even on those flights, I would ask for the difference in miles back.
Old May 4, 2012, 9:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by nic3456
I haven't had this happen yet but I am scheduled to fly home today hnl-dfw fly 102 and just received notice it has been canceled. I was in first class arriving at 7:30 and now will be connecting through lax and will be in coach arriving at 10:55 I paid for an AAanytime award. Any tips/suggestions to improve my situation / get any points back? Not sure about changing airlines,etc thanks for any help.
The first thing to do is to call. More than 2 hours, the reroute offered is just "offered." Unlikely AA will put award travel on another carrier, but you can ask. You can also wait for the next AA flight which has F avail.

Best thing is to be armed with specific alternatives, including flight number(s) and connection point(s).
Old May 4, 2012, 9:51 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
Find your preferred option then call and ask them to book that for you. If it is on AA they should do it for you. If on another carrier it is unlikely but might be worth asking.

IF you end up flying in coach, ask for the difference in miles to be refunded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.