Community
Wiki Posts
Search

transiting on AA thru MIA from EZE onward to YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2012, 3:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor
Thank you . The process as described is clear HOWEVER, the reason for my question is 4 yrs ago when returning from COZ thru DFW en route to YYZ on AA we did exactly as described and were told we had to collect our bags at the carousel then proceed thru US customs and drop the bags at the bag drop. The bags never came and we tried to fill out lost bag forms or let someone from AA know but there was no one and we only had a short connection. We we're told by US customs no less it happens a lot on AA and you won't be able to get anywhere until you get to Toronto. So we left for YYZ and spent an hour filling out forms only to see our bags come off the carousel from DFW in Toronto
Thus my confusion.
I will look for the bags in MIA I've got a 3 hr layover
There IS an agreement at DFW when making an international to international connection which means that you don't have to collect your bags. You still proceed through US customs with your hand luggage but checked bags have a red "ITI - DO NOT RESTORE IN USA" label placed on them when you check them in at the start of your journey and you do not see them until your final destination.

I'm not sure if this applies to all routes but it's something that I've experienced many times during the past 3-4 years when transiting DFW to/from MEX, EZE and LHR. As far as I know DFW is the only hub currently offering this facility
Old Apr 2, 2012, 4:06 pm
Suspended

JDiver: Nairobi and Dar es Salaam are much better than the joke of Miami.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
It's hard to fathom a major us hub like Miami is such a mess. Best thing to do is show up late and just get ushered to the front. No waiting no fuss but it really pisses off those who get there early. And only 2 screening detectors working ....still a far cry from the comedy show in EZE. One of the most amazing cities I've been to but we sure left with an "I'll never come back here again".....

Last edited by aircrashsurvivor; Apr 2, 2012 at 6:11 pm
Old Apr 2, 2012, 5:36 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Agreed. "Dar es Fujo" would be a great name for Miami if it were in East Africa (Port of Chaos in Kiswahili).

Originally Posted by Austinrunner
JDiver: Nairobi and Dar es Salaam are much better than the joke of Miami.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 12:57 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor
MIA was a real treat this morning.
I've never been through MIA and had it not be a treat. Of course, I've only been an AA frequent flyer for a couple of years, so maybe during the Reagan years it was better.

Heathrow is criticized alot but i'll tell you it's quick safe and very organized
LHR is one if my two home airports, and as major international airports go, I really like it. I find there are many crappier airports out there, like CDG and LAX to name a couple. As always, it really depends on who you're flying and where you're changing to. LAX is OK if you arrive and depart on AA domestic, but if you have to change terminals it's really impossible to know how things will go; could go quickly, or TBIT security could be backed up to the In-n-Out. LHR is pretty consistent, and sometimes shines: this morning, I was through T5 zone J check-in and non-fast-track security (thanks, BA) in less than 10 minutes total. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.