Wiki Posts
Search

767-300 in First Class with Baby

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLAT FPC PLAT
767-300 in First Class with Baby

I have a flight 3 seats in First Class with a one year old baby on a 767-300. Which seats would be best to take?

I am unsure if the last row is the best or the first row? I would like to disturb others as least as possible.

Thanks in Advance
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MLM JET
I have a flight 3 seats in First Class with a one year old baby on a 767-300. Which seats would be best to take?

I am unsure if the last row is the best or the first row? I would like to disturb others as least as possible.

Thanks in Advance
Last row would be best, as the first row of coach is "screaming baby section", so your infant would simply be joining the chorus. Thanks for being considerate of your fellow passengers.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It really doesn't matter which row you occupy. They're all the same. If your baby cries, my experience is that they need fed or changed. After that, they tend to go back to sleep.

Is your baby going to be in a car seat in their own seat in F? If so, then I suggest reserving a B, D and G in the same row and placing the infant in D between the other two. That way, either one of the adults can tend to the baby (or D, G and H, with infant in G).
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Which flt are you taking?
Is it SFO/LAX-JFK or int'l?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by gemac
Last row would be best, as the first row of coach is "screaming baby section", so your infant would simply be joining the chorus. Thanks for being considerate of your fellow passengers.
+1 re both the last row advice and thanks for your being considerate.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by FWAAA
It really doesn't matter which row you occupy. They're all the same. If your baby cries, my experience is that they need fed or changed. After that, they tend to go back to sleep.

Is your baby going to be in a car seat in their own seat in F? If so, then I suggest reserving a B, D and G in the same row and placing the infant in D between the other two. That way, either one of the adults can tend to the baby (or D, G and H, with infant in G).
Why not ABD? Then you can put baby out of the way against window if they're sleeping or in B for care?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
What date/flight are you planning to travel?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tylerdurden4543
Why not ABD? Then you can put baby out of the way against window if they're sleeping or in B for care?
Years of experience. If the infant will occupy a car seat, that seat may only be placed in a window seat (A or J) or either seat of the middle section (D or G). The seat may not be placed in B or H seats. Thus, placing the car seat in D or G, with adults on either side, makes it easier for either adult to quickly attend to the infant. OTOH, if the infant is in a window seat, the adult not occupying the adjacent aisle seat cannot quickly attend to the baby.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by FWAAA
Years of experience. If the infant will occupy a car seat, that seat may only be placed in a window seat (A or J) or either seat of the middle section (D or G). The seat may not be placed in B or H seats. Thus, placing the car seat in D or G, with adults on either side, makes it easier for either adult to quickly attend to the infant. OTOH, if the infant is in a window seat, the adult not occupying the adjacent aisle seat cannot quickly attend to the baby.
I had no idea - this is great to know now that we have our own little one (especially as it seems to be unpublished). Thanks
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had no idea - this is great to know now that we have our own little one (especially as it seems to be unpublished). Thanks
Until recently, it was published in the Agency Reference section of aa.com, but like many other portions of the lousy AA website, the discussion of permissible locations for infant car seats appears to have disappeared. It's in the manual the FAs carry, so they can verify it.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Congrats on your little one, although I'd be particularly surprised if the kid were published at such an early age.

Mike
Old Mar 28, 2012, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef
Congrats on your little one, although I'd be particularly surprised if the kid were published at such an early age.

Mike
The subject of the sentence is clearly "this" (shorthand for the rule) as it is the one being "known." So, since the verb in parenthesis (to be published) is related to the verb of the subject (one can be known by being published), seems right to me.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 2:19 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
The subject of the sentence is clearly "this" (shorthand for the rule) as it is the one being "known." So, since the verb in parenthesis (to be published) is related to the verb of the subject (one can be known by being published), seems right to me.
"... now that we have our own little one" is a subordinate clause to the first part of the sentence, and hence its own grammatical unit. The placement of the parenthetical statement next to this clause suggests that it's in reference to the "little one" (though it is kind of a grey area).
Old Mar 28, 2012, 2:21 pm

Yeah, I'll acknowledge the placement could have been better.

Does crayon art on the walls count as being published?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Yeah, I'll acknowledge the placement could have been better.

Does crayon art on the walls count as being published?
I think that would qualify as private publishing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.