Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

oneworld / AA Explorer award with AA Miles (discuss, questions) [ENDED 8 APR 2014]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
oneworld / AA Explorer award with AA Miles (discuss, questions) [ENDED 8 APR 2014]

N.B. new oneworld/AA Explorer awards are no longer available as of the end of the day on April 7th, 2014.

Existing awards will be honored.

This thread is ONLY to inquire or add about existing oneworld Explorer awards;
to comment on the loss of this booking option, please follow the discussion on:
Oneworld Explorer Awards Eliminated -- Effective Immediately [8 Apr 2014]

See the first post, below, for the rules that prevailed through 7 April 2014 and apply to those who booked Explorer awards prior to the end of these useful award tickets.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2014, 3:38 pm
Suspended

Phone agents don't ticket awards. So, you still need to make sure it's actually happened.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat (LT Gold), SPG Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Austinrunner
Phone agents don't ticket awards. So, you still need to make sure it's actually happened.
Whatever she did worked. I got email with ticket number and miles left my account immediately.

Thanks for your cautious words before AR, that I made sure to not stop until I got email with ticket number. Thanks!
Old Jan 5, 2014, 12:11 am

Programs: AOPA
Hi

I have the following flights on hold for 3 people in business trying to stay under 25,000 miles. Air Berlin is giving none exisiting spaces, so for now we have to fly BA and connect via LHR.

09/17/14 MSP-ORD-YUL-LHR-FCO (stop) AA and BA
xx/xx/xx FCO-DOH-SIN (stop) QR
xx/xx/xx SIN-SYD (stop) QF
xx/xx/xx SYD-BNE-LAX-MSP (end) QF

is there anyway to get from MSP to FCO without BA and LHR?

thanks for the help!

Last edited by teddy25; Jan 5, 2014 at 12:26 am Reason: add business class
Old Jan 5, 2014, 12:22 am
Suspended

Which of your flights are on BA? If it's just the LHR -> FCO flight, why do you want to avoid BA and LHR?
Old Jan 5, 2014, 12:25 am

Which of your flights are on BA? If it's just the LHR -> FCO flight, why do you want to avoid BA and LHR?

YUL-LHR-FCO are on BA, they charge $425 per person in fuel for business.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by teddy25
is there anyway to get from MSP to FCO without BA and LHR?
You could do MSP-ORD-TXL-FCO with MSP-ORD on AA and ORD-TXL-FCO on AB.
It would be just under 25k miles flown
Old Jan 5, 2014, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Hyacinthe
You could do MSP-ORD-TXL-FCO with MSP-ORD on AA and ORD-TXL-FCO on AB.
It would be just under 25k miles flown
AB flights are not in inventory, so not possible to book them

Last edited by teddy25; Jan 5, 2014 at 11:22 am
Old Jan 5, 2014, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by teddy25
AB flights are not in inventory, so not possible to nook them
What do you mean? I just did a search on aa.com for 3 pax in Business and MSP-ORD-TXL-FCO has MilesAAver availability on Sep 17.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 11:21 am

What do you mean? I just did a search on aa.com for 3 pax in Business and MSP-ORD-TXL-FCO has MilesAAver availability on Sep 17.
try to select those flights, the seats are not there. I was on the phone with AA for 3 hours last night.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Anybody know a way to search QR award inventory online if you don't have a QR account with sufficient mileage?
Old Jan 5, 2014, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by njvandy
Anybody know a way to search QR award inventory online if you don't have a QR account with sufficient mileage?
Looks like you can search on ba.com http://milevalue.com/qatar-award-spa...irlines-miles/
Old Jan 5, 2014, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Looks like you can search on ba.com http://milevalue.com/qatar-award-spa...irlines-miles/
Thank you!
Old Jan 5, 2014, 4:28 pm

HEL - DEL sector

AY award flights are usually loaded on AA site.

However, in past few months of checking, I do not see a single seat on any day for upcoming 11 months - (I do see coach class few days almost every month)

is such total block out of award seats in business (even when not a single seat is sold on a particular flight) common among AA partners?

(posted here because this was part of already issued explorer award - there were plenty of availibility last summer when award ticket was issued and now it seems there is not a single date to change dummy reservation to - either some type of glitch or useful datapoint for others trying to book dummy reservations 11 months out)
Old Jan 5, 2014, 4:53 pm
Suspended

How do you know that not a single seat has been sold? AA does not "black out" AY award space.

Dummy bookings are not risk free.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 9:22 pm

How do you know that not a single seat has been sold? AA does not "black out" AY award space.

Dummy bookings are not risk free.
In thoery a new day becomes available every day but not a single business class eat becomes available even for this new day. (have been checking for last 120 days - frequently if not everyday)

Totally agree that dummy bookings for future flights are not risk-free.
Just wanted to emphasis that for others (with real world datapoint)
who may not register that from review of usual posts here.

BTW, AA agent did call back after 3.5 hours and confirmed that it is not a web glitch. She also can not see a single seat for next 11 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.