Wiki Posts
Search

All Partner Award - Affiliate Airline?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2012, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF OWE, HH D, HGP D, Starriott Plat, AA/LM/SQ/VA/QF/AS/BA
All Partner Award - Affiliate Airline?

I'm pretty sure the answer to this is NO, but no harm in asking.

I'm looking to redeem an All Partner Award and one of my legs is from HKG to either PVG or PEK. Cathay Pacific operates both of these routes, albeit with very few connections compared to its Affiliate airline, Dragon Air.

Dragon Air offers a CX Flight number and far better timing for me, but I think we can only use Dragon on OneWorld Awards, not All Partner awards right?
Old Mar 10, 2012, 6:46 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I think you will find the answer in the first post of the AA and All-Partner Award info, stopover & routing rules (NOT for oneworld Awards) thread information enlightening.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF OWE, HH D, HGP D, Starriott Plat, AA/LM/SQ/VA/QF/AS/BA
Thanks JD, I am pleasantly surprised since the AA.com website specifically stated otherwise.

I wonder why they would allow some airlines' affiliates and yet not others (eg. Jetstar affiliate of Qantas)?

Last edited by Gold_Member; Mar 10, 2012 at 7:11 pm Reason: spelling
Old Mar 10, 2012, 7:16 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The airline websites... incorrect information from airline representatives... that's why there's Flyertalk! But even some anwers (QF and Jetstar) are still on the dark side (though maybe Dave Noble knows).

And some FT members have contributed significantly - some of ur main threads were started by folks who shared well-organized information, and other members, like FewMiles, who on his own initiative maintained a website discussing the AA Challenge.

Bon voyage. (And, we may merge your query into the all partner award thread.)

Originally Posted by Gold_Member
Thanks JD, I am plesantly surprised since the AA.com website made no mention.

I wonder why they would allow some airlines' affiliates and yet not others (eg. Jetstar affiliate of Qantas)?
Old Mar 10, 2012, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Gold_Member
I'm pretty sure the answer to this is NO, but no harm in asking.

I'm looking to redeem an All Partner Award and one of my legs is from HKG to either PVG or PEK. Cathay Pacific operates both of these routes, albeit with very few connections compared to its Affiliate airline, Dragon Air.

Dragon Air offers a CX Flight number and far better timing for me, but I think we can only use Dragon on OneWorld Awards, not All Partner awards right?
Yes, KA and CX are both allowed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.