Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA check in at Narita

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

AA check in at Narita

Does anyone know what is the earliest one can check in for a NRT-ORD flight at Narita Airport? Thanks
Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:17 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by golmaale
Does anyone know what is the earliest one can check in for a NRT-ORD flight at Narita Airport? Thanks
Ticket counter opens at 09:00
Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:36 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by golmaale
For future reference:

I have similar queries when I visit international destinations and have early morning departures... AA website is my usual go-to place. AA main page -> Travel Information tab at top -> Airport Information -> then search on airport code

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...e&from=Nav#nrt

NRT TICKET COUNTER HOURS

9:00 a.m. - 6:25 p.m.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 4:13 am

Programs: AA EXP & million miler
Ah yes - planning on maximizing time spent in JAL First lounge gobbling curry and whisky in between massages? The NRT-ORD flight leaves in the evening, so breakfast, lunch and dinner a possibility!
Old Jan 21, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP /United Silver/Marriot Plat / HH Gold / SPG Gold
mmm...JAL First lounge...

but massages plural? You must fly through NRT at some really slow times...

I'm happy with 1 massage, and then parking myself on one of the massage chairs!
Old Jan 21, 2012, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by jcooper90
mmm...JAL First lounge...

but massages plural? You must fly through NRT at some really slow times...

I'm happy with 1 massage, and then parking myself on one of the massage chairs!
Sitting here now (2 pm NRT-time) waiting for 3:55 pm LAX flight and there are exactly 2 other people in the lounge. Was slightly busy around noon but then a bevy of JAL 777's departed one after another. Plus - massage chairs: good for hours!

...and then there was one! The entire JAL F lounge undefended, from a scoundrel like me no less! Avast! Tempted to cancel LAX return and use miles for the 6-ish ORD! Busy loading beef curry and stuffing whisky in gullet. Damn the exchange rate - I'll get my due on this trip! Call me Saltpepper Beard. I think I need to lie down a bit....

Last edited by masonp123; Jan 21, 2012 at 10:16 pm
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by masonp123
Sitting here now (2 pm NRT-time) waiting for 3:55 pm LAX flight and there are exactly 2 other people in the lounge. Was slightly busy around noon but then a bevy of JAL 777's departed one after another. Plus - massage chairs: good for hours!

...and then there was one! The entire JAL F lounge undefended, from a scoundrel like me no less! Avast! Tempted to cancel LAX return and use miles for the 6-ish ORD! Busy loading beef curry and stuffing whisky in gullet. Damn the exchange rate - I'll get my due on this trip! Call me Saltpepper Beard. I think I need to lie down a bit....
The beef curry is awesome.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by vasantn
Indeed! It's been about a year since I've been here, and previously it was in one of those "pop-top" heater things next to the rice cooker. This time it's in a deep canister - same as they use for the soup. Took me a while to locate - then I grinned and clapped my hands.

Looks like they updated the whiskey bar a little bit too.

PS - its amazing whats available "out there" with a little bit of cash and some knowledge. Thanks to all at FT and RP. Yea, a little maudlin, but I'm in the mood. Sayonara.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 6:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by HNL
Ticket counter opens at 09:00
OP asked when check-in opens at NRT; are the ticket counter hours the same as check in hours?

I somehow don't think so, since in the AA URL provided a few posts later, the DEL ticket counter shows hours of 10AM-2AM. However, I am quite sure that check-in at DEL does not start until after 8PM
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:03 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FedUp2
OP asked when check-in opens at NRT; are the ticket counter hours the same as check in hours?

I somehow don't think so, since in the AA URL provided a few posts later, the DEL ticket counter shows hours of 10AM-2AM. However, I am quite sure that check-in at DEL does not start until after 8PM
AA has departures throughout the afternoon, with the first one at Noon.

12:00 DFW
15:55 LAX
18:45 ORD
18:50 JFK
19:10 DFW
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:09 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Counter opens at 9:30 now. So glad to sit here with my baggage for 40 minutes. The board also said to check in at D which is Cathay Pacific. Wow what a rude agent over there "this is not american!" And shooed us away even with an F ticket. I can see how that airline doesn't play well with the alliance; I won't fly them now that's for sure. Very rude, especially since that's where it said to go with a huge "One world" check in sign at the desk.

AA needs to let people check in somewhere else versus making people wait. Imagine being on a paid F ticket and standing around; there's already a line of 4 people behind us at the F check in and it's only 9:09.

So for the DFW flight at noon--don't arrive too early now.

Old Jan 1, 2014, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by vasantn
Beef curry at Sakura Lounge is awesome! It is must for me when at NRT. Don't forget salad bar and Udon noodle soup at Sakura Lounge. Also having small selection of Dim Sum at CX Lounge and have Australian wine at QF Lounge while reading Australian newspaper. I also think meat pie and small selection of sushi at AC is not bad at all along with sake.

Can stuff myself before the flight and skip the meal onboard!
Old Jan 2, 2014, 3:02 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hilton ◆
Originally Posted by airb330
Counter opens at 9:30 now. So glad to sit here with my baggage for 40 minutes. The board also said to check in at D which is Cathay Pacific. Wow what a rude agent over there "this is not american!" And shooed us away even with an F ticket. I can see how that airline doesn't play well with the alliance; I won't fly them now that's for sure. Very rude, especially since that's where it said to go with a huge "One world" check in sign at the desk.
You're going to boycott an airline over one rude agent?
Old Jan 2, 2014, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by airb330

AA needs to let people check in somewhere else versus making people wait. Imagine being on a paid F ticket and standing around; there's already a line of 4 people behind us at the F check in and it's only 9:09.

So for the DFW flight at noon--don't arrive too early now.

F ticket or not, I have a hard time believing the CX staff, who were likely Japanese due to being at NRT, "shooed" you away from a check-in counter unless you challenged them. That's just not in Japanese DNA as they have the hardest time saying "no" because they are just so polite and friendly.

Having a OneWorld sign at the desk is commonplace since CX is *in* OneWorld. That doesn't mean you should check in there. The same thing happens with Star.

As for not flying CX because of your NRT agent experience, that's just foolish. CX is arguably the best airline in OneWorld (it's definitely my favorite and I've flown all the OneWorld F products). Try any of AA's subpar "Flagship" lounges and compare it to a CX First Class lounge at HKG (The Wing or The Pier) and you'll see they play quite fairly with OW.

As for AA's check in time, some will think 2.5 hours prior to departure is plenty, although I can see it being problematic if one arrives NRT on a red-eye (although in that case luggage may be checked through so not as much of an issue).
Old Jan 2, 2014, 7:27 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by UNITED959
As for not flying CX because of your NRT agent experience, that's just foolish. CX is arguably the best airline in OneWorld (it's definitely my favorite and I've flown all the OneWorld F products). Try any of AA's subpar "Flagship" lounges and compare it to a CX First Class lounge at HKG (The Wing or The Pier) and you'll see they play quite fairly with OW.
Careful there... you don't want anything that could reduce CX F award availability.

While I agree that 2.5 hours is enough time at NRT, AA's website for counter times at NRT shows 9:00.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.