Wiki Posts
Search

Bumped down from 1st to Business ... :-(

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2012, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat MM, Ex LH FTA & UA Silver
Originally Posted by Upgraded!
FWIW that flight is showing F5 at the moment so it shouldn't be an availability question and with the new ORD bus getting over to the BA terminal shouldn't be difficult either. However a (the) deciding factor may be whether the OP has any checked luggage or just carry-on.
Yeah I have checked bags so think switching to BA would be a bit of a pain & then will have to deal with bags not making it etc etc - If id been in true airportninja mode initially I should have done it when there was more time. Made my bed and I shall sleep in it. At 70 degrees rather than 90. lol.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
That's ridiculous that you weren't allowed into the FL. Talk about adding insult to injury.

[redacted unnecessary flame] Given the circumstances, howevere, letting you in is the least AA could have done.

Last edited by magic111; Jan 11, 2012 at 7:00 pm Reason: Flame at other members redacted - moderator
Old Jan 11, 2012, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
I love the OP's attitude. Such a refreshing change from rants like "AA NIGHTMARE: I'M NEVER FLYING THEM AGAIN" because a seat wouldn't recline fully.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by justforfun
That's ridiculous that you weren't allowed into the FL. Talk about adding insult to injury.

[redacted in original quote by moderator) Given the circumstances, howevere, letting you in is the least AA could have done.
Yeah that was lame, I always try to make sure I'm going to the right lounge and check if I'm allowed to or not in case there's any minutae rules that might scupper me, the 'ol BMI/LH fully integrated miles & more star alliance silver bizniz at LHR T1 etc but what sucked with this was that I went happily to the normal admirals lounge and the lady said I should go to the nicer first class lounge & then the lady there stonewalled me even when she completely knew the situation & I'd tramped all the way over there - and I'm sure the flagship lounge isn't that much better anyway!

No biggie really and I'm sure I'll get some miles back or something, just a bit sad as this was a treat trip to Vegas and I was looking forward to a long haul first class seeing as I'm flying for fun rather than business for once!

WILL EAT EXTRA PRETZELS FOR COMPENSATION

Last edited by magic111; Jan 11, 2012 at 7:01 pm Reason: removed redacted section from quote
Old Jan 11, 2012, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
sorry to ask... but how did she direct you to the first class lounge if she saw your boarding pass with business class on it? (that was the reason why I thought you didn't have your boarding passes already).

or if she didn't see your boarding pass, how did she know to send you to first class?

anyway... hope you enjoy your flight!
Old Jan 11, 2012, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
sorry to ask... but how did she direct you to the first class lounge if she saw your boarding pass with business class on it? (that was the reason why I thought you didn't have your boarding passes already).

or if she didn't see your boarding pass, how did she know to send you to first class?

anyway... hope you enjoy your flight!
Bizzarrrrly both my boarding passes today didn't say business or first, as they usually do, just the PLATINUM - and my seat 3J on this one to LHR, and I was in 4A from LAS-ORD which was first, albeit domestic first. Outbound they both said First though so yeah its a bit strange...
Old Jan 11, 2012, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
A shout out to FWAAA, Flyer 70 and Upgraded for charting a really good alternative for the OP.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by george 3
A shout out to FWAAA, Flyer 70 and Upgraded for charting a really good alternative for the OP.
yeah, my airportninja powers were weak when it first happened - next time I shall go blag the BA switcharoo, when there's enough time to switch terminals and stuff. Thanks for the help guys!
Old Jan 11, 2012, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by JohnBBeta
yeah, my airportninja powers were weak when it first happened - next time I shall go blag the BA switcharoo, when there's enough time to switch terminals and stuff. Thanks for the help guys!
I think credit goes to Upgraded!

OP - Hopefully there will be no next time as you will be checking your reservation and seat assignment religiously, like a good FTer. .

Have a safe flight!
Old Jan 11, 2012, 8:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, &c.
yeah BA first is lovely - did LHR-Tokyo a couple of times, in the upstairs on a 747. Gorgeous.
An aside, if you were upstairs, you were in Club World (BA's business class product). FIRST is in the nose.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 9:25 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Actually, there are no legroom issues in row 2 of 767-300 business. The OP should get some miles back for not being in F.

But this thread does illustrate well why FTers do regular checking of flights, etc.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Haha and now guess what? Problems with air conditioning on the plane so after having a little snooze on board while they sorted it out they deplaned everyone and are putting us in a new plane (luckily really quickly) - maybe I'll get my first class after all.

Ps row 2 looked pretty bad legroom-wise...
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
next time I shall go blag the BA switcharoo, when there's enough time to switch terminals and stuff. Thanks for the help guys!
No problem. FYI, and this was news to me until I saw the sign at ORD over Thanksgiving, they now run buses between T3 and int'l departures specifically for those transferring between AA domestic and BA int'l. Besides which, ORD is one of the more terminal transfer-friendly major airport in the US; so many are connected airside via hallways and tunnels. The luggage thing may have been the bigger issue, though, but 90min might have worked out.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:04 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Haha and now guess what? Problems with air conditioning on the plane so after having a little snooze on board while they sorted it out they deplaned everyone and are putting us in a new plane (luckily really quickly) - maybe I'll get my first class after all.

Ps row 2 looked pretty bad legroom-wise...
Row 2 has the same leg room as all the other business class seats.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Originally Posted by JDiver
Actually, there are no legroom issues in row 2 of 767-300 business. The OP should get some miles back for not being in F.

But this thread does illustrate well why FTers do regular checking of flights, etc.
My issue is that there's a bulkhead wall so even if the seat fully extends it seems more difficult to stretch my legs out if the seat is only partially reclined.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.