Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Holiday milesAAver Award Travel Inventory - limits, releases

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Embargo vs limited saaver awards
Has AAdvantage instituted an embargo for saaver awards
34.67%
Has AAdvantage limited saaver awards more than past years
65.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

AA Holiday milesAAver Award Travel Inventory - limits, releases

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by azepine00
6 days of 8-9 nonstops to HI from lax and 6 days of return around xmas/ny (appr 100 nonstop flights in total plus no connecting ones) - not a single award seat. And there have been none from 330 day mark at least according to expertflyer.
Exactly the same for me. I've been checking the same routes and dates you described since T-331 (just to be safe), but nothing has been available. I'm hoping that it will open up at some point.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Manila Flyer
I used to value AA miles much more than DL miles due to better low-level availability, but I've no longer found that to be the case. In recent months I have found saver availability to be extremely limited. Whether or not this is systematic I can't say, but it has definitely been my personal experience.
The other reason to favor AA miles much more than DL miles is that high-level availability is capped at 2x the cost of low-level at AA. No such thing at DL (it's at least 3x).

And that hasn't changed.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 11:35 pm

I just managed to book HA flight to HNL on 12/21. Is it likely that AA will release the direct flight such as LAX HNL later as the dates get closeby?
Old Aug 7, 2012, 11:43 pm
Suspended

There's no way for any of us to know that. AA might already have done it and the seats got booked before you started looking.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 1:48 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by anchor79
I just managed to book HA flight to HNL on 12/21. Is it likely that AA will release the direct flight such as LAX HNL later as the dates get closeby?
I've had good luck with AA releasing HNL-LAX award availability close to the departure date (three trips in the past year, including one booked for 12/21/2011). That's not to say it'll happen again this holiday season, but it's not impossible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.