Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2012 xxx Flight Cancellation / Delay / Diversion on (date) (consolidated-archival)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 xxx Flight Cancellation / Delay / Diversion on (date) (consolidated-archival)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2012, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by JasonSTL739
Long time heavy lurker here, I've learned a ton from this board. I'm a fairly new EXP, and this is the first time I've had a very serious IRROP situation.

Flight 442 from SFO to MIA was cancelled due to equipment issues. I've been rebooked on a red eye, flight 18 from SFO to JFK at 11:00 PM, and then from JFK to MIA on flight 2035 at 2:25 PM.
FWIW, if you can find space. There is a flight at 1155PM from SFO via ORD that gets you to MIA at 11:40AM. I am on a cruise on Saturday, so booked this so I can work on Friday from MIA. I don't know if there is space in Y, I'm not back there
Old Jan 12, 2012, 8:15 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mvoight
FWIW, if you can find space. There is a flight at 1155PM from SFO via ORD that gets you to MIA at 11:40AM. I am on a cruise on Saturday, so booked this so I can work on Friday from MIA. I don't know if there is space in Y, I'm not back there
Those are the flights the OP ultimately got rebooked on.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 9:15 pm

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
I wonder what they end up doing with the plane on 442 in this type of situation... do they repair it overnight and then fly it as 442 the next day?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 9:45 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goldengate
I wonder what they end up doing with the plane on 442 in this type of situation... do they repair it overnight and then fly it as 442 the next day?
Yes. The morning MIA-SFO 763 cancelled.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by HNL
Yes. The morning MIA-SFO 763 cancelled.
What a mess it is when they nix a 767 leading into a holiday weekend.

I'm still sitting in SFO, watching the gate lice for the 9:20 PM SFO-MIA flight, and hoping that I can sit in the last row and get home. Doesn't look good for me, they are asking for volunteers for VDB.

Fun times. :/
Old Jan 13, 2012, 8:17 am

As I'm sure isn't a surprise to anyone here... I made the SFO-MIA 9:20 PM direct flight on standby. And so did three others on the standby list. Further proof to always try... in this case even the AAngels were saying don't bother.

Probably the most miserable flight I've been on with American, 4 hours in a middle seat on a red eye isn't fun!
Old Jan 13, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by JasonSTL739
As I'm sure isn't a surprise to anyone here... I made the SFO-MIA 9:20 PM direct flight on standby. And so did three others on the standby list. Further proof to always try... in this case even the AAngels were saying don't bother.

Probably the most miserable flight I've been on with American, 4 hours in a middle seat on a red eye isn't fun!
Congrats on making the red-eye! ^

The take-aways I got from this are:
1. Check prior to contacting the CSR an available route that you would like.
2. Always insist on being put on an upgrade or standby list even if the CSR says no. If they don't, check with another agent (and usually do this in the Admiral's club rather than from the GA).
3. Flyertalkers are a great resources and come up with some fantastic advice! (I think I would have found Herb687's advice the most helpful if I were in this situation! )
Old Jan 13, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
My itinerary so far changed twice. Jan 24 JFK-LAX-SFO.

Original:
AA33 7:30am
AA1013 12:50PM

Changed to:
AA201 6:30AM
AA1013 12:50PM

And then to:
AA201 6:30AM
AA1013 12:30PM

I saw AA201 at the time of booking and chose AA33 purposely because of later departure. But it seems that AA33 got canceled. It looks like they merged two flights. So here goes my faint chance of sticker upgrade

Last edited by foxberg; Jan 13, 2012 at 1:53 pm
Old Jan 13, 2012, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by allensun
Congrats on making the red-eye! ^

The take-aways I got from this are:
1. Check prior to contacting the CSR an available route that you would like.
2. Always insist on being put on an upgrade or standby list even if the CSR says no. If they don't, check with another agent (and usually do this in the Admiral's club rather than from the GA).
3. Flyertalkers are a great resources and come up with some fantastic advice! (I think I would have found Herb687's advice the most helpful if I were in this situation! )
Yep, that's exactly what I learned as well!!!

One to add: I think I could have gotten a confirmed route to MIA through DFW if I had hauled butt from the gate to the club when it was looking bad and pressed for it. At least that is what one of the AAngels said. (I waited for them to announce the cancellation of the flight at the gate).
Old Jan 13, 2012, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, HY-PL, National-Executive Elite, Hilton - Gold, Marriot-Gold, IGH-Gold
Flight from BDL to PHL was canceled at 11:58am (3:30pm Flight) for weather (That never came in). Drove to PHL to catch second leg. I believe they are using weather to get around new passenger entitlement laws.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 3:52 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bjohnsonmn
Flight from BDL to PHL was canceled at 11:58am (3:30pm Flight) for weather (That never came in). Drove to PHL to catch second leg. I believe they are using weather to get around new passenger entitlement laws.
Um - AA does not fly from BDL to PHL.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
AA 1892 DFW-PIT - MD80 w/ WiFi

We're back at the gate here with two tires needing to be replaced. I wonder what the odds are on this plane going MX when it's all said and done.

At least they're letting people deplane. It's a great day to have F be only half full.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
SEA flight delays

I'm currently during on AS316 and we just finished deicing. I'm on AA384 to DFW. I'm a little concerned about making it around. If I miss my first aa flight what are some options. I flew thru Sfo for teqm. I was thinking ord-dfw. Thoughts?
Old Jan 15, 2012, 3:47 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
AA will help you as much as they can to reroute. You may want to use the DEQM gateways, and / or you may want to be sure if you miss your connection and it affects mileage you have a note added to your PNR the new flights are "involuntary reroute due to weather" and you "request original routing credit" (there is a fat thread on ORC - search using "routing" as a keyword).

You may want to be proactive and call, rather than queuing up if there are lots of folks in the distressed passenger category.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Call now. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.