Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2012 xxx Flight Cancellation / Delay / Diversion on (date) (consolidated-archival)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 xxx Flight Cancellation / Delay / Diversion on (date) (consolidated-archival)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, DL GLD, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by HNL
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A525 Safari/8536.25)

It was a mechanical cancelation. The aircraft was OTS (out if service) at ORD. Flight 73 from ORD to HNL was cancelled too.
Thanks very much, HNL!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by CO FF
I had a friend on that flight...he reports that they ran it this morning, as a special section. Hope you were able to salvage some of your travel plans!
I was scheduled on the return, so I was stuck in Cabo. Not the worse situation in life, but frustrating that I missed the chance to switch to alternate routes for my return due to AA's timings on the delay announcements or make better arrangements before arriving to the airport.

I must have received 18 unique voice alert updates to various phone numbers related to this delay/cancellation/reschedule.

It was definitely the lightest load flight ever for me on AA (33 or so passengers) on 737 series plane because passengers who were rescheduled onto the other next day normally scheduled flights or via other US gateways would not have otherwise known that there was a special extra flight the next day. No one booked into FC so it remained empty (no one allowed to sit there either). Unfortunately, one of the worse experiences for me with a flight attendant. I think she was the only one from the previous day who came for the rescheduled flight. Surely the passengers from the LAX departure were likely very unhappy being stuck in cold LAX versus warm SJD. However, I was an unfortunate recipient of that leftover anger of dealing with those earlier passengers.

Rasheed
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:12 am

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
2012 xxx Flight Cancellation / Delay / Diversion on (date) (consolidated)

Son's Dec 25, AA flight from LBB - DFW was cancelled. No notification or advanced warning. I'm a platinum. Signed up on website to receive advance warnings regarding flight delays, etc.

This was a big deal as he was connecting in DFW to a Qantas flight to BNE.

Both were purchased on separate record locaters. Both one world airlines.

At the suggestion of the ticket counter, we purchased a full fare ticked on Southwest and called a friend in Dallas to pick up our 17 year old son at Love Field to drive him over to DFW.

So in the end, he made it ok. American was the only airline that canceled. Southwest and United were still flying.

What if anything should I ask AA for in terms of compensation? They don't have reciprocity with Southwest, so they didn't accommodate him on that flight. I had to purchase the Southwest ticket myself.

I'm a little perturbed that we were not told, it was my son's first big flight by himself and it could have been a disaster, AA's response was Meh...

There was no proactive assistance on AA part.

Last edited by EXPLAT; Dec 28, 2012 at 12:24 am
Old Dec 30, 2012, 3:19 am

AA101 cancelled

Anyone know why AA101 was cancelled this morning?
I'm not complaining, I got on a BA flight with a better route that gets me there earlier and I'm in the CCR now but I'm just curious...
Old Dec 30, 2012, 3:24 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
As this topic is about AA, I have moved it to the AA forum.

LTN Phobia
Moderator: BA forum
Old Dec 30, 2012, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
It was canceled because the aircraft used to operate 101 never left JFK last night because of field conditions at JFK (there were a few inches of snow).

At least, that is what FLIFO says...
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:07 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Happy new year.

The current thread is: 2013 Flight xx Cancellation / Delay / Delays / Diversion on (date) (consolidated).

American AAdvantage Moderation Team

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.