Wiki Posts
Search

Business Class differences

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2011, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA CK, SPG Plt, Marriott Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC
Business Class differences

Flying to LHR next fall on an award ticket. I have the following options on hold and im not sure which to pick.

BA 747-400 Business
AA 777 Business
AA 767-300 First/Business
Old Dec 12, 2011, 7:55 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
There really, really is no decision to make here.

Go BA.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Really? whats so great about BA business?
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
The BA product is definitely better, but the fuel surcharges on BA awards aren't really worth the difference. The 767 service has made-to-order sundaes and (I think) a better appetizer while the 777 has a wider seat and built-in AVOD (vs. the digi-player). I'd probably go with the 777. If you ask an FA nicely, you might be able to get a made-to-order sundae from F on the 777 anyway.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:07 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
Go BA they have a real lie flat seat and tons of privacy. Plus T5 at LHR is awesome!
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:15 pm

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
If it doesn't cost significantly more to travel BA, and you can get a seat on the Upper Deck of the 744, then I'd go for it before they all get scrapped - it's a different environment to any old two-a-penny 772 or 773.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:27 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by JHIN
Go BA they have a real lie flat seat and tons of privacy. Plus T5 at LHR is awesome!
On the other hand, in T3 you can use the excellent Cathay lounge. Way better than Galleries in my opinion.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3mm, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Lifetime Gold
the BA 747-400, especially upstairs is by far the better product IMHO. However, the fuel surcharges as states before can add up very significantly. The BA Galleries/First in T5 in London is also a fantastic part of the trip.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by bernardd
If it doesn't cost significantly more to travel BA, and you can get a seat on the Upper Deck of the 744, then I'd go for it before they all get scrapped - it's a different environment to any old two-a-penny 772 or 773.
It doesn't cost significantly more on PAID tickets, however on aadvantage award tickets you pay the fuel surcharge when flying BA and not when flying AA
Old Dec 12, 2011, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Science Goy
On the other hand, in T3 you can use the excellent Cathay lounge. Way better than Galleries in my opinion.
Not anymore unfortunately. Recent changes in the language of OW lounge access state that you can no longer lounge-hop and can only use the lounge of the airline you are flying.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by RxCapt
Not anymore unfortunately. Recent changes in the language of OW lounge access state that you can no longer lounge-hop and can only use the lounge of the airline you are flying.
When did that happen?
Old Dec 12, 2011, 9:22 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
To clarify...if you are OneWorld Sapphire or Emerald, you still can use a lounge for any OW airline, regardless of who you are ticketed on and what class of service you are flying. If you do not have the aforementioned OW status then you can only use the lounge of the airline you are ticketed on in first/biz class.

http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access/
Old Dec 12, 2011, 9:24 pm

Only applies to non-status fliers accessing lounge on basis of Class of Service. An AA Platinum as the OP is would have the same access as before
Old Dec 12, 2011, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the great replies so far.

Not really concerned about lounge access. I have a 2hr layover to MUC so i will skip customs and go thru intl connections when i land.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 9:27 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
There is fine print that I'm confused about though, now that I read it more closely. Under the general lounge access policies is a footnote. What the heck is this?

American Airlines and Qantas offer programmes enabling travellers to pay to gain access to their lounges. These programmes are not part of the oneworld agreement, and members of these programmes are not entitled to access lounges under the oneworld agreement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.