Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2011, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by audio-nut
B6 flies BOSSTT 5x weekly.
another route that AA use to have from BOS (winter season) at 7X
that B6 has taken over.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 6:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
IMHO, AA deserves this. Over the past couple of years, they have jacked up fares BOS-DFW to ~$1800 r/t without a 7 day advance purchase, inviting others to come in and underprice them.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 9:04 am

Programs: Former AA EXP; 2M Lifetime PLT member-
Embraer 190 is a very nice plane--- 2-2 seating--- and in the business cabin (in TACA and COPA-- probably not Jet Blue) is 1-2 seating configuration . Seats are comfortable, they have individual tv screens (in TACA and I assume Jet Blue). In summary, I would take a quieter, newer Embraer 190 over an MD-80 anyday!!

The only drawback is the limited overhead space, and that could be an issue. Perhaps they can use carry on valet service at the plane door just as it is done the smaller regional American Eagle flights.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 9:25 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by merrickdb
The E190's are actually pretty comfortable.
Not between Texas and the north east. Took one from Austin to JFK once and went back to AA thru DFW to LGA. My butt hurt for two days.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by Xero
Bring on the competition. LAX/SFO - DFW fares have dropped since VX entered the market. Now they will drop for BOS-DFW. This is great for people who live in the DFW area, they can enjoy reasonable fares to more destinations.
Maybe one day we will have reasonable fares from Miami instead of being held captive. Could any other airline possibly come in?
Old Dec 9, 2011, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by FWAAA

In other news, Spirit announced yesterday that it will begin service from Phoenix-Mesa airport to 30 destinations over the next few months - from a second-tier airport in the Phoenix metro area - a shot across the bow of US.

This is also an even more direct shot across the bow to G4 who recently entered the LAS-AZA market. They have only published schedules through 5/15 so it will be interesting to see if they retreat from this market now that NK will be there.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 4:53 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Originally Posted by MikeBOS
IMHO, AA deserves this. Over the past couple of years, they have jacked up fares BOS-DFW to ~$1800 r/t without a 7 day advance purchase, inviting others to come in and underprice them.
I completely agree with this - AA has always charged a very high fare on BOS-DFW/DFW-BOS.

This is a good example of some relief finally coming to DFW.

Long overdue.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by mparel
Maybe one day we will have reasonable fares from Miami instead of being held captive. Could any other airline possibly come in?
Yes, B6
Old Dec 9, 2011, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by freeupgrade
I completely agree with this - AA has always charged a very high fare on BOS-DFW/DFW-BOS.

Long overdue.
Low fares at DFW will just make the AA situation worse.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by dforgues
This is also an even more direct shot across the bow to G4 who recently entered the LAS-AZA market. They have only published schedules through 5/15 so it will be interesting to see if they retreat from this market now that NK will be there.
Here the official release from NK:

http://ir.spirit.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=630880

NK will have twice-daily R/T AZA-LAS and once daily R/T AZA-DFW, too.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 8:25 am

Having done about 7 DFW-BOS round trips this year, with several over $1200, I welcome the competition. Also, it will force AA to upgrade the planes they use on that route, flying. 3.5 hours on business without WiFi kind of sucks.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Or maybe we in BOS can get a DEQM promo like LAX/SFO-DFW .
But only if you live in CA, IL or TX.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by freeupgrade

Long overdue.
Think DFW is bad? I wish B6 would start SLC as the fares are outrageous particularly over New Years, MLK, Presidents Day, etc. B6 serves SLC from JFK, an evening BOS departure and redeye return would probably work.

Originally Posted by neilk
Having done about 7 DFW-BOS round trips this year, with several over $1200, I welcome the competition. Also, it will force AA to upgrade the planes they use on that route, flying. 3.5 hours on business without WiFi kind of sucks.
What aircraft would you like AA to use? It's not like AA is going to add a 75L, 767 or 777 because their partner B6 is now serving the route. As it is they have a mix of 757s and 738s, and all my recent trips have been on 738s with wifi or the 24 seat 757s. A vast improvement over the dumpy MD-80s wifi or not.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by worldtraveler19
Embraer 190 is a very nice plane--- 2-2 seating--- and in the business cabin (in TACA and COPA-- probably not Jet Blue) is 1-2 seating configuration . Seats are comfortable, they have individual tv screens (in TACA and I assume Jet Blue). In summary, I would take a quieter, newer Embraer 190 over an MD-80 anyday!!

The only drawback is the limited overhead space, and that could be an issue. Perhaps they can use carry on valet service at the plane door just as it is done the smaller regional American Eagle flights.
+1
Old Dec 12, 2011, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired
Originally Posted by worldtraveler19
Embraer 190 is a very nice plane
+1. For a while, AA considered buying a stretched version called the 195X... but abandoned it because the range was inadequate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.