Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue adding BOS-DFW

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
JetBlue adding BOS-DFW

JetBlue Airways said it plans to further expand its Boston network with the addition of non-stop service to Dallas/Fort Worth beginning May 1.

JetBlue, the largest carrier in Boston, said it will fly three times daily to Dallas/Fort Worth with year-round service. Tickets are set to go on sale on Dec. 13.

JetBlue’s press release included a statement from Ed Freni, director of aviation for the Massachusetts Port Authority, which owns and operates Logan International Airport.

“With JetBlue entering the Dallas/Fort Worth market, another important destination from Boston will be served by a low cost carrier,” Freni said.
Any AA response? I find this interesting given the AA/B6 partnership, DFW seems like a route intended for AA to serve. I wonder if they'll use A320s or E190s

http://www.boston.com/Boston/busines...9DM/index.html
Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: AA EXP
Three flights a day seems pretty ambitious, how much non AA elite O&D traffic is there on BOS-DFW?

So BOS-MIA will be the only AA route out of BOS (excluding 1x week BOS-STT) without significant competition?
Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Hello! This is my first posting after lurking for years...but I wanted to pipe in on this one..A buddy of mine is a GA at JFK, and texted me last night with the news, since I live in DFW. He said that they'll be using the E190s on the BOS-DFW...
Wonder if this will end up as a code-share with AA?
Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With AA in bankruptcy, we'll see more attempts by competitors to poach passengers on routes where AA faces little or no competition.

When AA emerges from Ch11, AA must purchase/merge with/combine with B6, if only to eliminate a pesky competitor.

In other news, Spirit announced yesterday that it will begin service from Phoenix-Mesa airport to 30 destinations over the next few months - from a second-tier airport in the Phoenix metro area - a shot across the bow of US.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:54 am

Programs: Former AA EXP; 2M Lifetime PLT member-
sounds great! hope they add other airports in the next year or two--- perhaps MCO and FLL, IAD and also JFK. The LGB hub would be nice-- but also Virgin America already has flights from LAX and SFO to DFW. Flights to ORD from DFW - not likely.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Ambraciot
Three flights a day seems pretty ambitious, how much non AA elite O&D traffic is there on BOS-DFW?

So BOS-MIA will be the only AA route out of BOS (excluding 1x week BOS-STT) without significant competition?
I am sure that will change
This is an opportunity for AA to reduce BOS some more (8X BOS-DFW). Almost every B6 route out of BOS use to be an AA/AE route.
There goes the high BOS-DFW fares.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 4:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
Bring on the competition. LAX/SFO - DFW fares have dropped since VX entered the market. Now they will drop for BOS-DFW. This is great for people who live in the DFW area, they can enjoy reasonable fares to more destinations.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Xero
Bring on the competition. LAX/SFO - DFW fares have dropped since VX entered the market. Now they will drop for BOS-DFW. This is great for people who live in the DFW area, they can enjoy reasonable fares to more destinations.
Or maybe we in BOS can get a DEQM promo like LAX/SFO-DFW .
Old Dec 7, 2011, 4:51 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Jay9475
He said that they'll be using the E190s on the BOS-DFW...
What a miserable flight it is going to be with this kind of airplane
Old Dec 7, 2011, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
The E190's are actually pretty comfortable.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Not a bad aircraft as far as I'm concerned. Have you flown on one? 2-2 seating throughout entire cabin, large overhead bins, larger LCD monitor on E190s than A320s (except newer builds). I took an E190 to PBI and it was enjoyable and B6 regularly flies them to AUS and MSY without problem.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by Ambraciot

B6 flies BOSSTT 5x weekly.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.2mm), SPG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by merrickdb
The E190's are actually pretty comfortable.
+1

Flew the E190 RDU-JFK a few months back and found it a surprisingly nice ride.

Last edited by jefftf1; Dec 8, 2011 at 7:55 am
Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Jay9475
Hello! This is my first posting after lurking for years...but I wanted to pipe in on this one..A buddy of mine is a GA at JFK, and texted me last night with the news, since I live in DFW. He said that they'll be using the E190s on the BOS-DFW...
Wonder if this will end up as a code-share with AA?
I would rather fly on AA metal knowing that I could get into F.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, AA 3MM EXP
Originally Posted by Xero
Agreed. I'm tired of flying into Bradley Field and driving for 3 hours to BOS to save some coin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.