Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Access security in OKC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2011, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
Priority Access security in OKC

Does anyone know if there are any Priority Access or first class security lines at the OKC airport? I'm flying out of OKC tomorrow for the first time.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 8:19 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA Platinum, DL Silver Medallion
Yes, if memory serves, there is an elite/premium line at the security checkpoint that serves all airlines. At least there was the last time I passed through there (~6 months ago).
Old Dec 1, 2011, 8:30 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Yes there is. If you are on AA, get your boarding pass, go to the right, and the priority lane will be on the left hand side. It is usually 10-15 times shorter.

Wear comfortable shoes, the gate is the FPP (Farthest Physical Point) from security.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys. Planning to cut it close for the 10:40 am flight tomorrow and this info helps.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 1:27 am

Programs: EXP- finally
this is a late post and you have already left, but ex-okc is almost like pre 9-11 using the AA elite line.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 7:09 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Agree, OKC is my home airport. Priority line is just to the right of the AA checkpoint, they just put it in about 6 months ago. There's also another checkpoint down to the left from the AA desk if ever needed, but i don't know if it has PA.

I've never had more than 2-3 people in line for the Priority line, and even the regular line at its longest (4-5 rows deep) takes about 15-20 minutes.

Go through security. Nothing to the left except the food court, hang a right and it's maybe a 5 minute walk down to gates 4 or 6, which are AA.

10:40AM flight = 10:10 board time = I'd get there about 9:30 if it was me.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 7:39 am

Programs: AA Exp 1.3mm, HH Dia, SPG Gld, IHG Plt
Another OKC based AA flyer here. The security checkpoint to the left (east) does not have an elite line and the elite line at the middle checkpoint by AA is open to all airline elites.

As has been said here, the airport is great (from my standpoint) - quiet, quick, open, uncrowded - just like OKC! The only time anything backs up seems to be early morning and mid-day when I've seen the main line strecthing down the terminal and as much as 30min long. That's when that elite line is a life savor.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 8:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
Wear comfortable shoes, the gate is the FPP (Farthest Physical Point) from security.
Which isn't saying much as it's OKC. If it were DEN or LAS, I'd be worried. It's a short haul.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: UA Gold
A little OT, but is there a list anywhere of which airports have priority lines and which don't? I have looked at the Wiki and didn't see it, but I may have just overlooked it as I was skimming.

I have a flight out of Memphis in January and have never flown out of the airport before.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 9:20 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by rayhurst
Another OKC based AA flyer here.

There doesn't seem to be many of us on FT!
Old Dec 2, 2011, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. Showed up at 945 and waited much longer for the slow agents at check in than I did for security. In fact there was absolutely no one in the security lines.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 9:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by LucWise
Thanks everyone. Showed up at 945 and waited much longer for the slow agents at check in than I did for security. In fact there was absolutely no one in the security lines.
Were the kiosks not working?
Old Dec 2, 2011, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mreed911
Were the kiosks not working?
They were working but there were a few people waiting and it simply took forever for some reason to get people processed.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA Exp 1.3mm, HH Dia, SPG Gld, IHG Plt
Originally Posted by Bogeys
A little OT, but is there a list anywhere of which airports have priority lines and which don't? I have looked at the Wiki and didn't see it, but I may have just overlooked it as I was skimming.

I have a flight out of Memphis in January and have never flown out of the airport before.
http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...Lines_%28AA%29

Not quite updated since OKC not listed, but it's a list

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.