Wiki Posts
Search

OT: 22 tubes of Burt's Bees lip balm in my vanity

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/CK 2M+
OT: 22 tubes of Burt's Bees lip balm in my vanity

Well, I just counted. 22 tubes of Burt's Bees lip balm in the top two draws of my bathroom vanity. About 1/2 were opened.

I can attest I have never purchased one of these in a store.

Anyone have similar issues?

Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by phil_flyer
Well, I just counted. 22 tubes of Burt's Bees lip balm in the top two draws of my bathroom vanity. About 1/2 were opened.

I can attest I have never purchased one of these in a store.

Anyone have similar issues?

Ghost Bees?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
I can relays to this.

Just last week my wife and I were commenting on this.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Yep, I had this issue too. I am a Blistex person myself. I gathered up all of my (unused) items from amenity bags and donated them to a local women's shelter. They told me that lip balm particularly is a toiletry item that is often overlooked in donation but was often requested. I suspect that they have use for the bags themselves too.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP & million miler
I'm moving and thus was cleaning out the shelves in the bathroom. This made me realize I don't need to take every g--damn amenity kit with me off the plane no matter how insanely and ridiculously irresistible it is. It's like I should be on Hoarders, but only for those things. From now on I'm not taking them out of the plastic and will leave them on-board. Honest. For real. Done. Never again.

O god.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP / CK
I have the same problem. They're in my computer bag, my bathroom, my car. Everywhere. Finally stopped taking them out of the amenity kit this summer. For too long I always thought 'one more just in case I ever get stuck without it'.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
There is a FT member who gives his extra amenity kits to his nieces and nephews. The little tykes apparently get really excited to find them under the Christmas tree.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 1:54 am

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
Originally Posted by brenc3
Yep, I had this issue too. I am a Blistex person myself. I gathered up all of my (unused) items from amenity bags and donated them to a local women's shelter. They told me that lip balm particularly is a toiletry item that is often overlooked in donation but was often requested. I suspect that they have use for the bags themselves too.
LOL. I did exactly the same thing and made a donation to a women's shelter in Houston. Amenity kits and also hotel toiletries. Great way to make use of this stuff.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 2:46 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

What happens to them?

Originally Posted by masonp123
I'm moving and thus was cleaning out the shelves in the bathroom. This made me realize I don't need to take every g--damn amenity kit with me off the plane no matter how insanely and ridiculously irresistible it is. It's like I should be on Hoarders, but only for those things. From now on I'm not taking them out of the plastic and will leave them on-board. Honest. For real. Done. Never again.

O god.
I have always wondered what happens to these unopened kits? Do they just get thrown away by the cleaning crew or they are picked up and stored by the flight crew [highly doubt this].
Old Oct 25, 2011, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by Seat 1F
LOL. I did exactly the same thing and made a donation to a women's shelter in Houston. Amenity kits and also hotel toiletries. Great way to make use of this stuff.
I tried doing this and was rudely rebuffed, so now I just give the contents to my co-workers; one in particular LOVES the BurtsBees balm. As for the empty amenity kit cases, I use those for organizing and storage.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 5:21 am

Programs: AA EXP/CK, UA1K
I just tossed all of my old amenity kits, which will undoubtedly only make room to hoard the newly designed amenity kits. I much prefer the new products and frequently toss unopened kits into my carry-on for quick domestic trips.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 6:15 am

Programs: Charter Member Delta Diamond Medallion, Lifetime AA Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hilton & Marriott Gold
Killer Bees

Originally Posted by zman
Ghost Bees?
No... Killer Bees. I have a bee hive I need to get rid of.

Last edited by ceieoc; Oct 27, 2011 at 10:05 pm
Old Oct 25, 2011, 6:16 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, UA 2P
After acquiring about 6 of these kits, I either donate all of them or do not even bother taking one.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 7:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
I like the Burt's Bees lip balm. Never heard of it until I flew TATLs in J.

A few months ago I did a Transcon on AA and the morning I left the DW* gave me a home made amenity kit for the flight, complete with Burt's Bees lip balm.

*DW=Dear Wife
Old Oct 25, 2011, 7:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by masonp123
This made me realize I don't need to take every g--damn amenity kit with me off the plane no matter how insanely and ridiculously irresistible it is.

What about Pyjamas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.