Search

AA & EY / Etihad Airways launch reciprocal miles redemptions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2012, 2:39 pm

Programs: A few
Toyota mini van at auh? That sux!
Old Sep 13, 2012, 2:42 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
How many in your party? In February there was a fleet of Audi A6 at AUH.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by skunker
Thats what you get, but you can pick van if many pax/luggage.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by skunker
Me too. Recently I got an AUDI A6 at AUH and took me all the way to my hotel in Dubai.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP HH GOLD EY GOLD
Yep but to EY's credit, when I flatly asked them to send 2 cars and not a MPV, they did send a 7series and Audi 6.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by oneworld82
How was it? Worth the miles? THinking of a CDG-LHR-AUH-MLE award!
I think EY is not allowing F awards on the LHR-AUH operated by the new 3-class 77Ws.

AUH is a very, very crowded airport and gate areas barely have enough seats. The special EY F check-in area and lounge are ok, but nothing like EK's. If you are a Coca-Cola drinker, note that only Pepsi is available throughout the airport and onboard. EY serves Merinda orange soda and I find it to be a decent substitute for my regular Coke.

Moving on to the inflight experience, my AUH-CDG cabin crew was absolutely lovely. They were a bit inefficient and everything seemed to take a long time, even drink refills, but I think it had something to do with them expecting to have 4 cabin crew in F and ended up with only 3, but still, the load was 7/12 and I felt that they needed more training, and again, their smiles and politeness suggested to me that it was a training issue rather than an attitude issue. I was so disgusted with the first meal that I skipped the second one, as on this flight, not even the ice cream tasted great. Also, I was informed that "duvets were out of stock" and only light blankets were available for F pax. On the positive side, the standard amenity kits and full sleep suits were distributed on this day flight, and I give them credit since airlines whose 5-star status I highly question such as QR do not provide sleep suits on day flights and the food on my CDG-DOH flight with QR was even worse than EY's. As for the EY F seats, they are very comfortable, far more so than QR's, but still cannot compete in any way even with the first-generation EK F suites.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm happy to answer them.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by fly747first
I think EY is not allowing F awards on the LHR-AUH operated by the new 3-class 77Ws.
If they are it's a recent development because I have 2 seats on the 77W's on that route in both January and February. I booked them about 3 months ago though.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 7:53 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
I was trying to book the 77W flight in the past few days but every time I tried, AA was saying no availability 3 days either side despite O availability to Etihad Guest members. So looks like EY may be blocking AA from redeeming on this flight.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I just grabbed a ticket in EY first class for Feb, 2013 traveling LHR-AUH-LHR and all sectors were confirmed in 77W.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by pogonation
I was trying to book the 77W flight in the past few days but every time I tried, AA was saying no availability 3 days either side despite O availability to Etihad Guest members. So looks like EY may be blocking AA from redeeming on this flight.
Jumping to the conclusion that AA or an AA partner is blocking seats is almost always wrong.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 2:24 am

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Fuel Surcharges

Anyone have recent EY award booking experience using AA miles? I heard that new fuel surcharges went into effect recently in a thread in the EY subforum. I'm curious about J and F surcharges.

Thanks.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 6:46 am

AA/EY availability

I definitely think that EY is giving more award space to its own members.
Take a look at MUC-AUH on October 7:

A 'Guest Seat' shows available on Etihad's website - but yet AA is not able to find a seat. And I would wonder if they do:
EY 4 J4 C0 D0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 Q9 MUCAUH 2320 07201 332 0
L9 V9 U9 E9 T9

There are 4 seats in J left. According to KVS - the correct booking class for EY business is : I
A longsell brings back an unconfirmed for I:
0 EY4 I 07OCT MUCAUHNN1
2320 0720 7 M 08OCT 1 SEG 1 UC I /DCEY
Old Oct 1, 2012, 8:30 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by CleverK1
I definitely think that EY is giving more award space to its own members.
Take a look at MUC-AUH on October 7:

A 'Guest Seat' shows available on Etihad's website - but yet AA is not able to find a seat. And I would wonder if they do:
EY 4 J4 C0 D0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 Q9 MUCAUH 2320 07201 332 0
L9 V9 U9 E9 T9

There are 4 seats in J left. According to KVS - the correct booking class for EY business is : I
A longsell brings back an unconfirmed for I:
0 EY4 I 07OCT MUCAUHNN1
2320 0720 7 M 08OCT 1 SEG 1 UC I /DCEY
There is actually no I Class Availability on 07 Oct:

[KVS Availability Tool 7.0.7/Diamond - Amadeus: Awards-Upgrades/EY]
Code:
MUC  Munich Franz Josef Strauss DE [EDDM]
AUH  Abu Dhabi Intl AE [OMAA]
SUN  07 Oct 2012

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  --------------------------------------------------
EY         4       MUC   23:20     AUH   07:20 +1  332  0   J3 CL DL IL Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 Q9 L9 V9 U9 E9 T9 NL S9
Old Oct 4, 2012, 8:32 am

Dear KVS

I was aware that there was/is no I Class available. The point I was trying to make is:
People on the forum here say that you should look for Guest Seats at Etihad.com (when trying to find award space). If any open 'Guest Seats' on Etihad.com show up...they assume there must be space booking via AA as well. I tried to proof that this is not always the case.

CL

(In the meantime the Guest Seat on this route and date does no longer show up. But I'm too lazy to look up another example .. where EY inventory does not match AA inventory).

Originally Posted by KVS
There is actually no I Class Availability on 07 Oct:

[KVS Availability Tool 7.0.7/Diamond - Amadeus: Awards-Upgrades/EY]
Code:
MUC  Munich Franz Josef Strauss DE [EDDM]
AUH  Abu Dhabi Intl AE [OMAA]
SUN  07 Oct 2012

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  --------------------------------------------------
EY         4       MUC   23:20     AUH   07:20 +1  332  0   J3 CL DL IL Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 Q9 L9 V9 U9 E9 T9 NL S9
Old Oct 4, 2012, 1:45 pm
Suspended

Well, your proof turned out not to be the proof you sought.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.