Wiki Posts
Search

AA & EY / Etihad Airways launch reciprocal miles redemptions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by Austinrunner
Bangkok, Hong Kong, Tokyo-Narita, Osaka, and Singapore are purported to be the only allowed connections.
That is plain annoying.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by UA Fan
That is plain annoying.
It is but it has been discussed. I believe that AA didn't really examine EY's route structure as it relates to award redemption.

You think not being able to connect in AUH is annoying for flights to SWP, try CMB. You cannot fly JFK-AUH-CMB unless you book two awards. According to AA the only legal award routing to CMB is on CX via HKG.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by piyush
My EY ticket got issued in less than 24 hours. Can't beat $ 5 in taxes, $ 25 in fees & 90 K miles for ORD - JFK (First) - AUH (First) - BOM (Business).

They even let me schedule a limo in BOM.
i flew this route earlier, in Nov 2011, but was told no Limo for AA award stock. Is this a new change? Definitely welcoming, wished i would have been able to use it.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Austinrunner
The answer is "no." (This question was addressed about 5-10 posts ago in this very thread.)
maybe not with EY, but can you do it via Amman with RJ???????????
Old Feb 2, 2012, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by skunker
It is but it has been discussed. I believe that AA didn't really examine EY's route structure as it relates to award redemption.

You think not being able to connect in AUH is annoying for flights to SWP, try CMB. You cannot fly JFK-AUH-CMB unless you book two awards. According to AA the only legal award routing to CMB is on CX via HKG.
This needs to change.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by UA Fan
This needs to change.
Agreed, it is just silly...

Should have sent an envoy on the OWMD to pester the AAdvantage execs about this issue :P
Old Feb 2, 2012, 6:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by eireman
maybe not with EY, but can you do it via Amman with RJ?
No. You also cannot transit AMM or BAH when flying to or from NBO on RJ or GF.

Last edited by Austinrunner; Feb 2, 2012 at 6:34 pm
Old Feb 2, 2012, 6:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by skunker
You cannot fly JFK-AUH-CMB unless you book two awards. According to AA the only legal award routing to CMB is on CX via HKG.
That's because Sri Lanka is in the Asia 2 region. Technically, you would connect to CMB on CX via SIN or BKK.

And you might be able to connect in Asia 1 before reaching SIN or BKK.

Last edited by Austinrunner; Feb 2, 2012 at 6:37 pm
Old Feb 3, 2012, 10:08 am

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Originally Posted by WrLdTrvLnIndian
i flew this route earlier, in Nov 2011, but was told no Limo for AA award stock. Is this a new change? Definitely welcoming, wished i would have been able to use it.
Did you try booking it online or on the phone? I did it online on http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/E...molanding.aspx

Will report back after my trip!
Old Feb 3, 2012, 10:28 am
wpj

Programs: AA EXP 3.2MM, Hyatt Courtesy Card/Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold
Did you try booking it online or on the phone? I did it online on http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/E...molanding.aspx

I tried online in Dec 2011 and didn't work, then called and they said no.
but maybe did not work because I had a YYZ connection in the same reservation with AA and the system could not retrieve it online?
Old Feb 3, 2012, 12:36 pm

i tried online just like wpj which didn't work. It was JFK-AUH-BOM r/t. THen i called and at first it worked, they got my info and said everything was all set, only at the last minute to be put on brief hold and then told, sir sorry but since this is an AA award ticket, we do not offer the limo service.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 12:14 pm

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Originally Posted by WrLdTrvLnIndian
i tried online just like wpj which didn't work. It was JFK-AUH-BOM r/t. THen i called and at first it worked, they got my info and said everything was all set, only at the last minute to be put on brief hold and then told, sir sorry but since this is an AA award ticket, we do not offer the limo service.
I called them for seat assignments and also asked them to confirm that the limo showed up in their system.

They confirmed that the limo reservation shows up in their system.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Has anyone managed to get 3 seats in Business? They only allocate 2 seats at once but I was wondering if they open anymore?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 6:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
I've read every post in this thread now and, if I've understood the situation correctly, the experience of others is that if F seats are shown on the EY site as available under "GuestSeat' then they should be available for AAdvantage redemption.

I currently have 2 J awards LHR-AUH-SYD on hold for December and am fairly happy with that but am frustrated that there is F GuestSeat availability on the EY site but the AA agent says she can't see them.

Have I read this thread incorrectly because, other than calling AA back every day to check if there is new F availability, there doesn't seem to be any reliable way to self-check?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
I've read every post in this thread now and, if I've understood the situation correctly, the experience of others is that if F seats are shown on the EY site as available under "GuestSeat' then they should be available for AAdvantage redemption.

I currently have 2 J awards LHR-AUH-SYD on hold for December and am fairly happy with that but am frustrated that there is F GuestSeat availability on the EY site but the AA agent says she can't see them.

Have I read this thread incorrectly because, other than calling AA back every day to check if there is new F availability, there doesn't seem to be any reliable way to self-check?
KVS (paid service) shows EY awards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.