Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Speculation: Emirates Airlines to Offer Daily Flights DFW-DXB. Will AA Follow?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2011, 9:58 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
Original Poster

I couldn't resist.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:04 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
You do know that we are all holding our breath waiting for what your speculation is? Sorry I could not resist.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Will AA follow? Maybe.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by gemac
Will AA follow? Maybe.
+1!

...I'm very happy see a direct DXB option from DFW! Though AA probably could not swing this until they find some more 777 pilots, or receive the 787. I'm just a gumshoe, though, what do I know?

For all interested, here is the official news source: Emirates CEO Clark Ratchets Up U.S. Challenge With Seattle, Dallas Flights

Last edited by econometrics; Sep 28, 2011 at 10:29 am Reason: Source / Link added
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On a serious note, at the risk of offending everyone who believes that Dubai is the center of the universe, I sincerely doubt that DXB is on the horizon at AA HDQ. AA doesn't have nonstop flights to some other large hubs, like AMS or ICN. AA is down to one daily flight to FRA. Chase a state-owned airline to its mid-east desert oasis hub? Not gonna happen.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by FWAAA

On a serious note, at the risk of offending everyone who believes that Dubai is the center of the universe, I sincerely doubt that DXB is on the horizon at AA HDQ. AA doesn't have nonstop flights to some other large hubs, like AMS or ICN. AA is down to one daily flight to FRA. Chase a state-owned airline to its mid-east desert oasis hub? Not gonna happen.
My expectations as well. I'm sure AA will stick to sending people from DFW to DXB via LHR on BA. Bummer.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 1:55 pm

On a slightly different perspective, ETIHAD which is AAs newly announced extended partner, another middle east based carrier which is in my opinion better in quality then Emirates will increase their flights from US destinations like Dallas,seattle or Houston and AA will divert their middle east traffic to ETIHAD for ppl who don't wanna go through the hassle to connect from Heathrow.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 1:59 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Will EK join OW?
Old Sep 28, 2011, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA 1MM
Originally Posted by FWAAA

You may be right, except I think that TX-Middle East flights are not just about transporting people between major economic centers. That said, two daily flights may be hard to fill, particularly when one of them is AA's.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 2:09 pm

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by gemac
Will AA follow? Maybe.
I'd say it's inevitable, once AA have done the deal to quietly bring those dollars that were lost due to the untimely death of the Nigerian (or was it Liberia?) oil minister, less a bit of commission, they'll immediately be recycled to pay Air Zimbabwe for the wet leased of the soon-to-be-delivered-but-surplus-to-requirements A380 they'll use on the route. Should be happening real soon now so far as I can see.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat
Remember Emirates has 10 across on 777 in coach not the 9 that AA has. Pretty ugly for a long flight unless the SWU comes through
Old Sep 28, 2011, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by fsa_ea
Will EK join OW?
Very unlikely, but some kind of codesharing deal could be on the horizon. I'm sure many of us would love AA redemptions on EK, it's the only way I can see myself taking a shower in flight.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bernardd
I'd say it's inevitable, once AA have done the deal to quietly bring those dollars that were lost due to the untimely death of the Nigerian (or was it Liberia?) oil minister, less a bit of commission, they'll immediately be recycled to pay Air Zimbabwe for the wet leased of the soon-to-be-delivered-but-surplus-to-requirements A380 they'll use on the route. Should be happening real soon now so far as I can see.
What the hell are you talking about? Oil Ministers? Air Zimbabwe?

Old Sep 28, 2011, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Jculhane
Remember Emirates has 10 across on 777 in coach not the 9 that AA has. Pretty ugly for a long flight unless the SWU comes through
Agreed. I made the mistake of flying Emirates on a 10-across 777 from SIN to CMB and that 1700 mile flight seemed like an eternity.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by JumboD
You may be right, except I think that TX-Middle East flights are not just about transporting people between major economic centers. That said, two daily flights may be hard to fill, particularly when one of them is AA's.
Also Emirates flys from IAH, not sure there is enough Texas oil business to fill two flights from two cities and Houston is the bigger oil town. And the big user from Texas on Emirates are Indians returning home to thier families via DXB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.