milesaver jfk-lax-las 12/29/11 oddity

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2011, 5:07 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
milesaver jfk-lax-las 12/29/11 oddity

Expert flyer shows SAVER fc/bc available for aa 33 jfk-lax and fc 1706 lax-las; also, on aa.com each of these separately shows availability, but when I try to book jfk-lax-las it will only give me y anytime.
I thought the arrival of 33 at 11:05 am and the departure of 1706 at 3:00 pm, might be the problem--but they have (for one of their y flts) an arrival of 9:40 am and a departure of 5:20 pm in the list.
[PS: Before I call the exp desk, I'd like some input as to why the anomaly.]
Old Sep 4, 2011, 7:50 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
Originally Posted by nrr
Expert flyer shows SAVER fc/bc available for aa 33 jfk-lax and fc 1706 lax-las; also, on aa.com each of these separately shows availability, but when I try to book jfk-lax-las it will only give me y anytime.
I thought the arrival of 33 at 11:05 am and the departure of 1706 at 3:00 pm, might be the problem--but they have (for one of their y flts) an arrival of 9:40 am and a departure of 5:20 pm in the list.
[PS: Before I call the exp desk, I'd like some input as to why the anomaly.]
It's called married pair availability. AA not only allocates seats to different classes for each non-stop flight but also for each married pair connection.

As a result, you might be able to book STL-LAX-LAS as a sAAver award on that LAX-LAS flight but not JFK-LAX-LAS.

Greg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.